Head of IT – Insurance/FS Industry
Kuwait – Competitive tax-free salary Permanent
- Great opportunity to work with a leading organisation at an exciting time
- Must have strong IT team and people leadership experience within Insurance/FS
About Our Client
A leading organisation in Kuwait in the financial services industry with strong development and progression culture.
- Ensure the successful performance and completion of large technology programs along with the company’s transition to sustainability.
- Develop and implement high quality SMART business strategies with the ability to steer the company to a path of profitability while also implementing its business plans aligning to the corporate vision, mission and long term objectives.
- Undertake IT maturity assessments, potentially across all elements of the IT function. Ensure business alignment, strategy, architecture, development, and operations are effectively run, and seek to understand issues with capability, process, and governance.
- Establish IT KPIs and follow up the department performance in order to achieve the assigned objectives. Deliver excellent internal/external customer service to meet all KPIs and targets.
- Provide leadership and oversight on various IT projects of a complex nature, manage the overall performance and delivery of large cross-functional IT programs.
- Manage multiple IT projects through all stages of the project life cycle, including drawing up project plans, scope, schedules, risks, issues, and budgets.
- Assess different vendor capabilities and commercial propositions and develop recommendations for the future. Support the business through the sourcing and selection process, and transition to the new delivery model.
- Monitor, measure, and report on the various IT department challenges, insights, opportunities, development plans, and achievements within agreed formats and timescales.
- Ensure that the employees have the right set of competencies and technical capabilities through training and developing subordinates to ensure that the department has the necessary skill base to maximise their potential and contribute to the growth and sustainability of the company.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor Degree qualified in IT, Computer Sciences, Business Management or similar related field.
- 10+ years of successful experience in a similar role.
- PMP or a relevant professional qualification with specialisation In IT project management.
- Knowledge and proven use of project management methodology – PMP, PRINCE2, Agile/Waterfall.
- Be able to effectively shape, plan and implement technology solutions befitting the needs of the business.
What’s on Offer
- Transformation and leadership role
- Opportunity to build and develop your own IT function, developing the strategy and roadmap yourself
- Opportunity to work for an organisation with ambitious plans within their market and for investment in Technology
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
To apply for this job please visit www.jobserve.com.