Time Management Apps: No one can dispute the countless benefits technology has brought us. It’s undoubtedly allowed us to connect, perform, improve and leverage our resources beyond what was once imaginable.
- 1. Rescue Time — Use your time wisely
- 2. Remember The Milk — Keep on top of all your tasks
- 3. Focus Booster – Boost motivation to complete tasks
- 4. Toggl – Keep track of time spent on projects and tasks
- 5. Dropbox — Store and send large files easily
- 6. Evernote — Keep all your notes in one place
- 7. MindNode — Focus on tasks at hand with mind mapping.Time Management Apps
- 8. GoodSync — Back up and sync your files effortlessly
- 9. MyLifeOrganized (MLO) — Manage your to-do lists effectively.
- 10. 1Password — Have all your passwords remembered
- 11. Pocket — Keep your eye on the ball
- 12. Focus@Will — Boost your attention span
- 13. Alfred — Interact with your computer in a smart way
- 14. Forest — Boost your focus by growing a forest
- 16. Wunderlist — Digitalize your to-do lists
- 17. TimeTree — Have a shared calendar with your family. Time Management Apps
- 18. Todoist — Capture and order all your tasks and activities easily
18 Best Time Management Apps and Tools (2020)
If you’re not taking advantage of one of the hundreds of time management apps and tools out there, you’re definitely missing a trick.
But with so many apps to choose from, how do you know which ones to use? Well, this will depend on your needs, but we’ve put together a list of 18 of the very best time management apps that can help you with the most common time management challenges.
Let’s dive straight into the list…
1. Rescue Time — Use your time wisely
If you have doubts that you’re using your time sensibly, this app will send you weekly reports to indicate what things are stealing your time. You may be shocked to discover how much time you’re actually wasting.
2. Remember The Milk — Keep on top of all your tasks
If you’re struggling to manage everything you have to do, and you work with many different devices, then this is the app for you. It’s a great free tool which is compatible with your mobile, computer, Gmail, Outlook, etc. It helps you to manage your tasks easily, and reminds you of them – wherever you are.
3. Focus Booster – Boost motivation to complete tasks
This app is based on the principles of the Pomodoro Technique, and is aimed at individuals who procrastinate and feel overwhelmed by tasks. It’s designed to enhance your focus and remove any anxiety you might have with time pressures.
4. Toggl – Keep track of time spent on projects and tasks
This is a great alternative to time-sheets, if you need to track how much time you spend on different projects. Effective time management starts with being clear on exactly how much time you actually spend on your projects and tasks, and then through analysis, working out how you can manage them more effectively.
5. Dropbox — Store and send large files easily
There are many apps that allow you to transfer content from your computer to other devices – but Dropbox is free and easier to use than the others. With the Dropbox app, you can even access and share important files on the go.
6. Evernote — Keep all your notes in one place
Evernote is a free productivity tool that allows you to capture all your ideas, thoughts and images in many different ways (e.g., with voice, notes or images). You can even record your meetings, interviews, speeches and ideas, create lists, add voice or text attachments, and share your files with friends. You can also sync Remember The Milk with Evernote to really optimize your time.
Mind mapping is a great productivity technique, and Mindnode is one of the best free mind mapping apps available. It helps you to become more organized by focusing your thoughts – thereby gaining clarity on what needs to be done.
8. GoodSync — Back up and sync your files effortlessly
This software allows you to back up, restore and synchronize your files easily. It supports folders from a variety of locations. It has filtering options that let you exclude subfolders from a sync. It can also sync files to and from your phone. If you have never backed up your files before, you should definitely take a look at this tool.
9. MyLifeOrganized (MLO) — Manage your to-do lists effectively.
Check this out if you find it difficult to manage all your tasks, to work with your to-do lists, and to organize your goals. This task management system helps you to target what you should be focusing on to reach your objectives. It automatically generates to-do lists, with priority actions for your immediate attention so that you can track your progress methodically.
10. 1Password — Have all your passwords remembered
This app allows you to keep all your passwords in one encrypted database, protected by one password. This saves you time when you forget your passwords and need to retrieve them. It also allows you to use various passwords for different accounts so you don’t compromise on security.
11. Pocket — Keep your eye on the ball
When you’re surfing the web, it’s easy to get distracted by enticing and fascinating websites. Use this tool to save your ‘finds’ to access and read later on at a convenient time which will not impact on your immediate work.
12. Focus@Will — Boost your attention span
This amazing app combines neuroscience and music to boost your productivity. According to the developers, it’s possible to increase your attention span by up to 400%! Ideal for those who find it difficult to focus while studying, working or reading.
13. Alfred — Interact with your computer in a smart way
This small and simple tool allows you to launch your documents, project files, folders, and bookmarks with just a few keystrokes. This makes life so much easier as you don’t need to go through the start menu to access what you want.
14. Forest — Boost your focus by growing a forest
This unique and fun app helps you stay focused and on-track. The concept is simple: whenever you want to focus, plant a virtual tree. If you stay focused, the tree will grow. If you lose focus, the tree will die. As the app’s name implies, you can grow multiple trees to create a virtual forest!
15. Trello — Track your projects in a highly visual way
This is a hugely popular app that you may already be familiar with. It works by allowing you to create cards for tasks that you need to complete. Each card moves across the Trello board (which is typically broken into columns such as To Do, In Progress, and Completed) as your start, work on and complete the associated task.
16. Wunderlist — Digitalize your to-do lists
Purchased by Microsoft in 2015, Wunderlist is an easy to use, feature-packed to-do list app. From planning a holiday, to sharing a shopping list with a partner, or managing multiple work projects, Wunderlist will keep you on top of all your tasks.
This app allows families or teams to share multiple calendars and appointments. So, whether you’re planning a party, or run a local sports team, Time Tree can keep everyone up-to-date with all current and upcoming activities and events.
18. Todoist — Capture and order all your tasks and activities easily
Todoist is close to being the ultimate digital to-do list. It’s available via browsers and apps, and lets you schedule all your tasks and activities. Each item can be flagged for priority as well as given a due date. There is also a neat option to add notes to any of your tasks.
The above list covers what we consider to be the very best time management apps and tools. And the good news is – that many of them are completely free of charge! So, what are you waiting for? Select the ones that will be the most valuable to you – and begin boosting your productivity now!