PNP. Since America has made it more difficult to get a visa, Canada has become the top destination for foreign workers and international students to immigrate with ease. The Canadian universities are attracting international students at record levels with 18% increase in 2018-19.
Canada requires skilled workers and has several programs for foreign workers to immigrate with family and gain permanent residency. Canadian Federal Government offers the most popular Express Entry Program for skilled foreign workers.
However, many foreign workers are not eligible for the Express Entry Program.
Good news is that provincial governments in Canada also offer their immigration programs which are called Provencial Nominee Program [PNP]. Candidates who wish to immigrate to Canada can apply for these PNP programs with the specific province of Canada.
Benefits of Applying for PNP Programs
Canada’s provincial nominee programs open up immigration opportunities for foreign workers who may not qualify for the federal Express Entry system or have a lower score in the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) needed for permanent residency application in Canada.
As per the recent employers’ survey, 60% of employers are choosing to set up business in Canada. It’s an excellent opportunity for the foreign workers to apply for the PR via PNP programs. This makes Canada’s immigration policies one of the best in comparison to the US, Australia and the United Kingdom.
Depending on the PNP program, foreign workers may get relaxation in comparison to the primary Express Entry Program, ie.
- Freedom to choose province to settle in Canada
- No job offer needed to apply for a visa
- Points are gain with the specific area of training and skills
- No annoyance of pool selection process
How the PNP Visa works
This application is for international workers who:
- have the skills, education and work experience to contribute to the economy of a specific province or territory
- want to live in that province, and
- want to become permanent residents of Canada
Each area of Canada has its programs and requirements. For example, in a program stream, provinces and territories may target:
- business people
- skilled workers
- semi-skilled workers
Province Offering PNP VISA
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Northwest Territories
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
To apply as a PNP VISA, you must:
- meet the minimum requirements of one of the province or territory’s non-Express Entry streams
- be nominated under that stream
There are two ways to apply for PNP Visa.
- Apply for Province Directly
- Chose a province and apply for PNP
- Applications will be reviewed on criteria and point based system
- If you are selected, then you get a nomination from that province.
- With the nomination in hand, you can then apply for the visa at the IRCC (Immigration Refugee Citizenship of Canada)
- Apply for Express Entry Program
- Apply for Express Entry and make it to the pool of applicants. Express Entry manages the pool of candidates for three of Canada’s main Economic Class immigration programs — the Federal Skilled Worker Class, Federal Skilled Trades Class, and Canadian Experience Class.
- Your profile will be viewed and selected by the province
- You get the invitation to apply for PNP of the region
- Apply for PNP
- Secure Nomination
- Apply for IRCC for Canada Visa
Wishing you success!