The Arts and Culture Scholarship Indonesia (IACS) has been conducted since 2003 and one of the summer programs in the world. Applicants from all over the world can apply for IACS Summer Camp Indonesia 2020. This is totally a free arts and cultural exchange program.
The non-degree arts and culture camp are offered for three months period of time, starting on 2 May to 15 August 2020. The youth summer camp Indonesia is a fully-funded non-degree short term program and all the expenses of the selected will be covered by the organizer.
Awardees will live within or around the arts center, allowing for the chance to experience the local heritage and interact with the local community. The synergy between theory and practices shared inside and outside the arts center would undoubtedly become the driving force for shaping international cultures and norms, and will eventually strengthen regional as well as global understanding and cooperation at a people-to-people level.
The objective of the Arts and Culture Scholarship Indonesia 2020 is to encourage better understanding amongst participants from member countries through Indonesia’s immensely diverse arts and cultural heritage. Finally, the program aims to cultivate a culture of cooperation, emerging from direct contact and sharing of cultures amongst people involved in the program, leading to thriving diplomatic relations in the region and worldwide.
IACS ARTS AND CULTURE SCHOLARSHIP INDONESIA 2020 DETAILS:
- The arts centers are located in 6 (six) provinces, namely: Bali; West Sumatera; East Kalimantan; East Java; South Sulawesi and Yogyakarta.
- The non-degree exchange program is offered for three months period of time, starting on 2 May to 15 August 2020.
Follow us on our Social Media Platforms and Don’t for lastest updates and webinars
FINANCIAL SUPPORT/SCHOLARSHIP VALUE:
The scholarship will cover:
- Tuition fee (including extra-curricular activities);
- A round trip economy class ticket;
- Accommodation (board and lodging);
- Local transportation during the program;
- Health insurance (limited). All awardees are advised to have their own health insurance.
- Monthly allowance of Rp. 2,000,000.
We have also uploaded an Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships in Germany 2020 – 1200 Scholarships – Jobzey
- Candidates should be single, between the ages of 21 to 27 years old with at least a high school diploma;
- Candidates should possess high interest and talent in the arts. Arts students or those with an academic history on Indonesian culture are encouraged to apply;
- Bearing in mind the intensity of the program, candidates are highly advised to ensure prime physical condition, particularly for female candidates to ensure that they do not conceive prior to and during the program;
- Participants must arrive in Indonesia a day before the Orientation Program;
- Participants must follow the whole program, including orientation program and Indonesian Channel;
- Candidates must complete the application form (attached with the official link) and submit it with particulars as mentioned in the official link.
- Basic skill in English is compulsory.
- Member countries of ASEAN, ASEAN+3, East Asia Summit, ASEAN Dialog Partners, ASEAN + European Union, Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation, Asia-Europe Meeting, Africa Region, Melanesian Spearhead Group and members of South West Pacific Dialog
- ASEAN Member Countries: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
- ASEAN + 3 Countries: China, Japan, South Korea
- East Asia Summit: Australia, India, New Zealand, Russia, United States
- ASEAN Dialog Partners: Australia, Canada, China, European Union, India, Japan, Republic of Korea, New Zealand, Russia, and the United States
- ASEAN + European Union Countries: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar (Burma), Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam
- Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation Countries: United States; Australia; Brunei Darussalam; Canada; Chile; China; Hong Kong, China; Indonesia; Japan; Malaysia; Mexico; New Zealand; Papua New Guinea; Peru; The Philippines; Russia; Singapore; Republic of Korea; Chinese Taipei; Thailand; and Viet Nam
- Asia-Europe Meeting Countries: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Belgium, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Cambodia, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea, Lao PDR, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mongolia, Myanmar, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Pakistan, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, United Kingdom, Viet Nam, the ASEAN Secretariat, and the European Union
- Melanesian Spearhead Group: Fiji, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, and Vanuatu
- Members of South West Pacific Dialog: Australia, New Zealand, Papua New as the original participants of the Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship.
- Africa Region
Attach the following documents with the application form.
- Personal Statement
- A Motivation Letter
- 2 Passport Size Photos with Red Color Background
- Photocopy of Passport
- Photocopy of Academic Transcript or Diploma
- Photocopy of Valid Health Certification
- Letter of Recommendation
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE INTERNATIONAL SUMMER CAMP FOR YOUTH?
For Indonesian Applicants, The application form should be sent to:
MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS
Director for Public Diplomacy
Tower Building, 12th Floor,
JI. Taman Pejambon No.6
For Foreign Applicants, the application form should be sent to:
The Embassy/Consulate General of Indonesia in the respective countries.
The Arts and Culture Scholarship Indonesia 2020 has two different deadlines:
- Foreign Applicants: 24th February 2020
- Indonesian Participants: 28th February 2020