Internships in Spain. Today, graduates and students of domestic universities have an excellent opportunity to take an internship in any of the European countries. One of the most popular in Europe is Spain. It is in this country that most of the companies offer to practice in the most popular areas and specialties. #Internships in Spain
In 2020, graduates and students can undergo training in Spain in the following areas:
- Business management.
- IT technology.
- Communication technology.
- The scope of international trade.
- Graphic design.
- Banking sphere.
- Personnel Management.
Internships in Spain: What is an internship
#Internships in Spain. An internship in Spain is an internship in a specialty chosen by a student. It is aimed at improving knowledge of English and Spanish, helps to better understand the structure of work abroad, to learn new skills.
Today, most internships are paid. The price depends on the specialty, the internship time and the company that organizes the trip to the Spanish kingdom.
Most often, the internship lasts no longer than 3 months.
- After internship, an international student is issued an international certificate.
Practice time also depends on knowledge of the Spanish language. If a foreign student does not know him or does not know him well, then initially he will need to take language courses lasting from 2 to 4 weeks.
An internship in Spain allows you not only to learn a lot, but also to find a job. If during the internship the student will prove himself well, then he has every chance to stay and find work in Spain on an ongoing basis. Also, after an internship, some people want to emigrate to Spain .
It’s best to apply for practice 2-3 months before the expected date of the trip. This time is allotted for the selection of a company or organization in accordance with the specialty of the student, as well as for applying for a visa to Spain .
You can practice in any city in Spain. But the largest number of vacancies for trainees is observed in such cities:
And also many internships go to practice on the islands:
On average, interns work from 20 to 40 hours per week. For the internship, the employer usually pays a salary of between 100 and 300 euros per month.
List of international internship companies in Spain:
- IES Consulting.
- Internship Makers.
- Internship in Spain.
- Animafest Experience.
- Expansion & Empleo.
- Primer Empleo.
#Internships in Spain. Many Spanish companies prefer to hire interns with student status due to the signing of a tripartite agreement. The contract is concluded between the company organizing the trip, the organization accepting the job and the higher educational institution where the foreign student is studying.
Requirements for candidates:
- Age from 18 to 30 years.
- Good knowledge of English.
- Spanish language skills at A-1 level (minimum level).
- The presence of a bachelor’s degree or a certificate of training.
Foreign residents undergoing internship in hotels are provided with:
- Free housing.
- Three meals a day.
- Salary of 300 euros.
Students work 40 hours a week and have 2 days off per week.
Often they are accepted as a waiter, animator, kitchen worker.
Those who study at the faculties of restaurant and hotel business, undergo practical training in the Canary Islands.
Many companies recruit candidates for internships year-round. But it is worth considering the aspect of seasonality of the profession. If a student wishes to undergo practice in the direction of a restaurant or hotel business, then it is better for him to leave for an internship in the summer, at the height of the tourist season.
Cost and contract conclusion
When concluding an agreement, many companies stipulate payment terms. Most organizations initially charge half the cost. The remaining amount is paid after completing an internship and obtaining a certificate.
Some companies work in a different way. Initially, a deposit of 50% of the total cost of the internship is paid. After the company finds a place of employment, the applicant signs an agreement with her on an internship in Spain and pays the remaining 50% of the full amount.
The applicant is self-employed in applying for a Spanish visa. The company only advises a foreign national as necessary.
Included in the price:
- Selection of the necessary company (firm).
- Consultation on writing a motivation letter.
- Help in opening a visa. If the internship lasts 3 months, then the foreign national needs to open a type C study visa . If the practice lasts longer, then he should apply for a type D study visa. These visas do not permit work, but they mean internships.
- Payment of place of residence. Students are usually lodged in Spanish families, student residences or rental apartments. But it is worth considering the fact that for the duration of the language courses the company will not pay for housing. This must be done by the student himself. On average, renting an apartment, you will have to pay from 300 to 450 euros per month. The employer pays for housing only from the moment when the foreigner begins to work.
An average of 3 months of internship will require you to pay from 600 to 1200 euros. A practice lasting from 4 to 13 months costs from 1,000 to 3,200 euros.
The price does not include air travel, visa and health insurance. An average flight costs 500 euros. It is also worth remembering that if a long-term study visa is opened, the applicant must have a certificate confirming the availability of 5500 euros or a letter of guarantee from the parents, which indicates that all the costs associated with the accommodation are borne by the parents.
For travel abroad, a contract is drawn up with the company. After that, the student provides all the necessary documents:
- International passport.
- Summary written in English or Spanish.
- Photocopies of all previously obtained diplomas, certificates and certificates. All copies must be notarized.
- Motivation letter. The size of the letter should be no more than 150 words.
- Two photographs measuring 3.5 * 4.5 centimeters.
- A certificate from a higher educational institution confirming that a foreign resident is studying at a university and is a student.
Studying in Spain
#Internships in Spain. In addition to seasonal internships, foreign students have the opportunity to come to Spain under a program that provides not only the opportunity to undergo internships, but also training. The duration of the program varies from 7 to 18 months.
The program involves an in-depth study of the Spanish language and specialized academic subjects in the chosen specialty. Under the program, the student is trained in Barcelona for the first 3 months, and then gets a job.
The cost of this program starts from 700 euros for a four-month practice. If the practice lasts from 7 to 12 months, then the cost ranges from 1400 to 2800 euros per course. At the end of the practice, a GSMB diploma is issued, which is recognized in all European countries.
For the practice, the employer pays a monthly salary of 300 euros.
Student exchange program
#Internships in Spain. The student exchange program is available only to students. It implies departure to Spain for the purpose of studying at a university and undergoing practical training.
This program is also called a student mobility program. You can go to Spain for an exchange under the following programs:
- This internship program takes at least 3 months.
- It also provides for scholarships ranging from 300 to 400 euros per month.
- Tempus DAAD.
Many programs provide grants for free internships and studies at universities in Spain.
Mix business with pleasure. What can you see in Barcelona if you have a couple of days left? Advises traveler with experience.