Accounts Payable Assistant – Remote – United States. Our client is an established advanced electronics solutions company who has been in business established since 1934. They are seeking an Accounts Payable Assistant to join their team.
Title: Accounts Payable Assistant
Location: San Diego, CA 92123
Duration: 3 month contract (potential for permanent)
*Local Candidates only*
Pay rate: $22-$24hr (Weekly pay!)
Shift: 8:30am-5:30pm or 9pm-6pm( off every other Friday)
**Please apply only if you have 3+yrs of Accounts Payable experience.**
Our client is an established advanced electronics solutions company who has been in business established since 1934. They are seeking an Accounts Payable Assistant to join their team.
Accounts Payable Assistant – Remote – United States
- Responsible for all accounting work necessary to ensure accounts payable are processed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Process 3 way / 2 way PO matching invoices and resolve receipt discrepancies.
- Performs a variety of general accounting support tasks in an accounting department.
- Verifies accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents or records.
- Updates and maintains accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions (e.g. disbursements, expense vouchers, receipts, accounts payable, accounts receivable.)
- Enters data into computer system using defined computer programs; compiles data and prepares a variety of reports.
- Works collaboratively to reconcile records with internal and external customers/vendors.
- Recommends actions to resolve discrepancies and investigates questionable data.
- May reconcile bank and financial statements/report.
- Verify invoice amount against PO amount before vendor payment.
- Accounts Payable Assistant. For non-PO invoices, ensures appropriate approvals are obtained, ensures correct general ledger accounts are used, and enters invoices to ERP system for payment.
- Communicate with vendors, supply chain, and various departments to resolve invoice discrepancies. Required constant communication with vendors to resolve issues in order to not disrupt the flow of business.
- Research & reconcile all paperwork and phone calls from vendors to ensure proper payment.
- Ensure that the integrity of all paperwork and invoices processed meet internal controls.
- Assists in monthly closings and audits as necessary.
- Preparation and processing of weekly payments, including ACH, and wire disbursements and payment posting.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices to ensure compliance with internal control.
- Accounts Payable Assistant. Review and monitor travel and expense reports to ensure compliance with T&E Policy and collect delinquent travel expense reports.
- Review and monitor Purchasing Card reconciliation to ensure compliance with Purchasing Card Policy and collect delinquent reconciliations.
- Assist in 1099 preparation and filing.
- Develop, update, and maintain current accounting policies and procedures for the Company.
- Ensuring compliance with local, state, and federal tax requirements.
- Maintain vendor relationships.
- Review and monitor AP aging and reconcile vendor statements. Ability to bring AP aging to current status and keep it current.
- Review and monitor the unvouchered receipts. Ability to bring the unvouchered receipts to current status and keep it current.
- Demonstrate taking initiative, work smart, and time management.
- Demonstrate continuous process improvement.
Accounts Payable Assistant . Job Requirements:
- High School Diploma, required; Associate of Arts degree in Business, preferred;
- 5+yrs Accounts Payable experience
- ERP experience highly required- SAP preferred
- Tech savvy- Microsoft Office Applications (i.e. Excel, Word). Excel experience needed
- Must have experience in processing 3 way / 2 way Purchase order matching invoices and resolve receipt discrepancies.
- Manufacturing industry background is a plus
- Knowledge of verifying invoice amount against PO amount before vendor payment.
- Accounts Payable Assistant. Experienced in communicating with vendors, supply chain, and various departments to resolve invoice discrepancies.
- Required constant communication with vendors to resolve issues in order to not disrupt the flow of business. Maintain vendor relationships.
- Ability to review and monitor AP aging and reconcile vendor statements. Ability to bring AP aging to current status and keep it current.
- Must have experience to preparation and processing of weekly payments, including ACH, and wire disbursements and payment posting.
- Ability to handle high volume transactional activity.
- Excellent knowledge of accounts payable workflow and practices
- Must have excellent work ethics
- Accounts Payable Assistant. Ability to get along well with other team members and work as a team
- Problem recognition and resolution skills.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to independently prioritize and multi-task, in a fast paced environment
- Travel expense report application, Concur, experience preferred
- Pass background check
Please send your resume. Thank you!
Accounts Payable Assistant . Seniority Level
- Electrical & Electronic Manufacturing
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.