Administrative Assistant – Geneva, Switzerland. Company Description
Administrative Assistant – Geneva, Switzerland. Job Description
Join a secretariat and provide a seamless service to the many scientists coming from all over the world. CERN, take part!
The Experimental Physics Department’s Administration and General Services Group is responsible for providing administrative secretarial support to the Department, Experiments and Groups. Our services include general office duties in accordance with the Organization’s administrative procedures, including other special contributions such as the participation in events organization.
The opening will be for the CMS Secretariat where you will be providing seamless service to the many scientists coming from all over the world.
You will join a multi-cultural team with a wide range of skills and expertise – providing services to the collaborators of scientific communities. You will also ensure that the flow of information inside and outside your direct working environment is of highest standard.
LOOKING for a JOB? Follow me.
Let’s help each other out! “We cannot help everyone, but everyone can help someone.
More: New Opportunities
As Administrative Assistant in the secretariat support section, you will join a team of assistants and participate in the daily management of the secretariat office with special emphasis on information, communication and organizational services. You will:
- Act as first line support concerning the visiting physicists’ queries in contact with relevant services inside and outside CERN;
- Provide administrative and secretarial services associated with scheduling and coordinating meetings and events;
- Assist in the preparation and follow-up of documentation and correspondence including their publication and circulation;
- Contribute in the update of the databases and the web sites of CERN and the experiment(s), in collaboration with the CERN’s User Office and collaborating Institutes;
- Provide administrative support for the follow-up of financial matters related to orders and payments of various nature;
- Maintain physical and electronic documents, web pages, shared files and records to provide up-to-date information;
- Make sure that CERN’s different rules and procedures are respected and correctly applied in different situations;
- Replace other assistants during their absences.
Administrative Assistant – Geneva, Switzerland. Qualifications
Higher administrative diploma or equivalent relevant experience in the field of administration or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in an administrative service or secretariat in an international environment.
- Secretarial work.
- Customer service.
- Archiving and records management: scientific information and document management.
- Use of Office software packages: knowledge of SharePoint and/or Drupal software would be an advantage
- Working in teams: contributing to promoting a positive atmosphere in the team through an optimistic and constructive attitude; addressing issues.
- Communicating effectively: demonstrating a pro-active approach to resolving differences; addressing issues of conflict constructively; providing others with timely information.
- Demonstrating flexibility: adapting quickly and resourcefully to shifting priorities and requirements.
- Demonstrating accountability: presenting information accurately and objectively; working conscientiously and reliably; delivering on promises; maintaining confidentiality.
- Achieving results: having a structured and organised approach towards work; being able to set priorities and plan tasks with results in mind.
- Spoken and written English and French: ability to understand and communicate in both languages in professional contexts as well as draft texts for publications and official communications.
- Any additional language knowledge will be considered as an asset.
Administrative Assistant – Geneva, Switzerland. Additional Information
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN’s mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 03.05.2020.
Contract type: Limited duration contract (2 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
Job grade: 3-4
Job reference: EP-AGS-SE-2020-53-LD
Benchmark Job Title: Personal/Team Assistant
Please make sure you have all the documents needed to hand as you start your application, as once it is submitted, you will not be able to upload any documents or edit your application further
If you’re looking new job opportunities that offer relocation and high
salaries around the world check it out on our website Jobzey
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.