Administrative Assistant UK – London, United Kingdom. Working within the TheCityUK, the job holder will be vital in supporting the organisation in its day to day operational activities.
Job title: Administrative Assistant
Reporting to (Job title): Executive Assistant to CEO
Administrative Assistant UK – London, United Kingdom
Administrative Assistant. Key Activities & Responsibilities
Working within the TheCityUK, the job holder will be vital in supporting the organisation in its day to day operational activities.
· Line managed by the EA to the CEO you will work across the organisation to ensure the support elements of the TheCityUK’s objectives are delivered successfully
· Coordinate meeting invitations, record responses on the organisations CRM database
· Prepare papers for meetings including agendas
· Communicate internally and externally by letter, telephone, email or in person in an efficient and business-like manner
· Liaise with members to help secure meeting hosts for senior Committees, Market and Sector Advisory Groups
· Organising refreshments and logistics in advance of meetings
· Administrative Assistant UK. Work closely with the EA to the CEO on ad-hoc projects
· Act as a one of the first points of contact for the organisation:
– Field enquiries
– Handle correspondence
– Provide general office and administrative support
– Answer incoming calls
– Meet and greet guests and serve refreshments as required
– Prepare for internal meetings
· Organise bilateral meetings as and when required for teams with external stakeholders
· Prepare meeting packs / briefings and documents for meetings
· Submit expenses on behalf the Senior Management Group, as and when required
· Arrange business travel and accommodation for colleagues
· Organise logistics for overseas and incoming delegations, including documenting members flight and hotel details
· Administrative Assistant UK. File management
· Take minutes at meetings when requested
· Provide logistical and administrative support for the wider team’s meetings and activities, examples include supporting with invitee lists for our annual conference/dinner, roundtables etc
· Collate briefings for members ahead of major delegations and activities
· Ensure the meetings programme is up to date
· Provide on the day logistics support where necessary to ensure activities run smoothly (some flexibility in hours mayl be required)
· Collate the cross-organisation update
· Maintain the organisation’s CRM database with key contacts ensuring information is kept up to date
· Conduct administration activities such as guest lists, creating badges, coordinating replies, tracking attendance and invitation acceptances
· Receive and process invoices to the accounts department
· Produce well-presented correspondence and other documents promptly and accurately
· Make full use of Microsoft Outlook system, checking relevant mailboxes when required
· Ensure that urgent matters are passed to the appropriate authority for attention
· Provide cover for other administrative staff as and when required including reception
· Undertake any other duties which may reasonably be requested and are commensurate with the post
· Actively work to build communication links across teams
· Attend Fire Marshall training to become a Fire Marshall for the organisation
· Cover reception desk as required during lunch breaks and annual leave
Administrative Assistant UK. Other Duties
Maintaining Operational and Company Standards
· Promote the best interests of TCUK and its members at all times
· Support the organisation’s goals and values
· Encourage and drive quality and continuous improvement of TCUK services to its members.
Administrative Assistant UK. Relationship Management
· Build and maintain relationships with colleagues, members, partners and TheCityUK’s governance bodies
· Liaise with external stakeholders and other bodies as required.
Administrative Assistant UK. General
· Help shape the delivery of business priorities of the members within the team
· Ensure mailing lists for news and opportunities are up to date on CRM
· Undertake any other duties which may reasonably be requested and are commensurate with the post.
Administrative Assistant UK. Key Relationships & Interfaces
· ExCo (Executive Committee)
· SMG (Senior Management Group)
· Line Managers
Administrative Assistant UK. External
· Individuals in Member firms
· HM Government
· City of London Corporation
· Mansion House
· Other related trade associations and professional bodies
· Other promotional bodies
· UK Diplomatic Missions
· Diplomatic Missions in London
Administrative Assistant UK. Person Specification
· Strong IT and organisational skills
· Resilient, adaptable and a team player
· Strong multi-tasking skills, including answering requests for support in a calm and logical manner
· A team player approach to issues, flexibility, enthusiasm, imagination, diplomacy and a ‘can do’ attitude
· Experience of working with senior individuals
· Strong verbal and written communications skills to be able co-ordinate input from multiple sources
· A professional approach combined with a confident, positive and constructive outlook
· Strong Microsoft Office skills
Administrative Assistant UK. Values at TheCityUK
These core set of values are essential for effective performance in our company and provides a common purpose as to how we deliver our work on a daily basis.
To find out more about our values and the standards of behaviour, please visit our webpage www.thecityuk.com
TheCityUK is the industry-led body representing UK-based financial and related professional services.
In our 10th anniversary year, we continue to champion and support the success of the ecosystem, and thereby our members, promoting policies in the UK, across Europe and internationally that drive competitiveness, support job creation and ensure long-term economic growth.
The industry contributes over 10% of the UK’s total economic output and employs more than 2.3 million people, with two thirds of these jobs outside London. It is the largest tax payer, the biggest exporting industry, generates a trade surplus almost equivalent to all other net exporting industries combined.
It also makes a real difference to people in their daily lives, helping them save for the future, buy a home, invest in a business and protect and manage risk. www.thecityuk.com @TheCityUK.
Administrative Assistant. Seniority Level
- Financial Services
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.