Area Manager Amazon. As an Area Manager, you will have the opportunity to lead and develop your own team of Amazon Associates; one of your main focuses will be motivating, mentoring, and coaching your team.
At Amazon, we have a peculiar culture built on pioneering into unknown and new frontiers. From selling books to creating the Kindle; from making films to launching faster delivery, Amazon reinvents normal.
After selling the first book in 1995, we have grown at an incredible rate and have become the universe’s most customer-centric company. By hiring those who take risks and find fulfillment through making the impossible commonplace, Amazon cultivates a culture of innovation.
Every employee at Amazon has the power to forge their own path and to have a true impact on the business…and we find that exhilarating!
Read more about us at amazon.com/about
Area Manager Amazon
When we hire you at Amazon, we hire for the future. With unlimited career opportunities, Amazon invests in ensuring our teams are always challenged, constantly learning from each other, and are creatively contributing to our next big idea.
You will be surrounded by the best innovators of our time and we welcome you to make history with us regardless of minority, female, gender identity, disability, or sexual orientation. We value diversity!
See why diversity is important to us at amazon.com/diversity
Area Manager Amazon. About Amazon Operations
Operations is at the heart of Amazon business. We are known for our speed, accuracy, and exceptional service. Our buildings deliver tens of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide, every day. In these key roles, you’ll come help us exceed productivity goals and deliver against our customer promises.
Our scale is expansive and our presence is growing – some of our centers across the United States and Canada are over 1 million square feet! Our goal is simple: to offer the world’s greatest selection of products and services with the world’s best customer experience.
Watch videos on our team members at youtube.com/playlist?list=PLu6W86LChii5Lgzcbu8iF8Nc35u_vOtCQ
Area Manager Amazon – USA. About The Role
As an Area Manager, you will have the opportunity to lead and develop your own team of Amazon Associates; one of your main focuses will be motivating, mentoring, and coaching your team.
You will be responsible for engaging your team during a shift to maintain the highest levels of safety, quality, attendance performance and engagement are maintained.
To achieve this, managers are expected to provide their associates with the tools needed for success as well as keenly drive productivity and efficiency through data-driven decisions and analytical problem-solving. Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all Associates
- Developing performance goals and objectives to achieve customer promise expectations and ensure accuracy and quality
- Partnering with the management team to establish and maintain quality control standards
- Proactively identifying and leading process improvement initiatives and Lean tools
- Building and executing productivity plans by reviewing work forecasts, determining productivity requirements, and partnering with other Area Managers to balance labor
- Leading and developing a team of Amazon associates
- Communicating policies to associates and act as the primary information source for the team, maintaining compliance and consistency and taking corrective action when needed
- Ensuring procedures are followed for building security and product loss prevention
- Creating, managing, and supporting recognition and communication programs
Area Manager Amazon. These Activities Include The Following
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce and we are even more committed to working with you to make that happen. Depending on the type of job, you will be required to engage in physical warehouse activities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Lifting and moving material up to 49 pounds each
- Bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Frequent walking in the building and around area; facilities are over a quarter mile in length
- Standing and walking for up to 10-12 hours a day
- Ascending and descending ladders, stairs, and gangways safely and without limitation
Area Manager Amazon – USA. WHAT DO WE OFFER?
Amazon offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive healthcare benefits starting on Day 1 and up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave. We grant each employee ownership in the company, including Amazon stock awards and a matching 401(k) program.
But, if you’re not in it for those perks, here is one more: we don’t wear suits and ties! Come as you are because jeans, t-shirts, sneakers and sometimes a neon safety vest will be your daily outfit. Jeff Bezos’s most recent letter to shareholders sums it all up pretty well.
If you’re looking new job opportunities that offer relocation and high
salaries around the world check it out on our website Jobzey.com
Area Manager Amazon – USA. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- You have a completed bachelor’s degree or 2+ years of Amazon experience
- You are authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- You take ownership in your work and team and are available to work overtime during Amazon’s peak holiday season and as needed year-round. In addition, you are flexible to work on any type of assigned shift (nights, weekends, etc.).
- You pride yourself in leading others; you have direct management experience and have been responsible for your employees’ performance.
- You have an eye for efficiency and have experience identifying and executing process improvement initiatives.
Area Manager Amazon – USA
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Operations, or a related field.
- You have over 3 years of management experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment.
- You are leader and exhibit that in you every day work. You not only have experience in managing a team of 30+ employees, you also lead process improvements though Lean process, Kaizen, and Six Sigma.
- You have the ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment, and when given a deadline you know how to motivate yourself and meet it.
- You don’t hesitate in public speaking or writing a paper. You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You enjoy analytical work and using data to provide thought-provoking and workable solutions. Data is what you look to when given a problem to solve.
- You typically volunteer to lead projects and help your team achieve goals. You have a track record of taking ownership and driving results.
- You like adventures and taking risks. You are willing to relocate to any of our sites in the country with the assistance provided.
- You see value in long term thinking and large scale impact to a company. You have interest in developing a long-term career through assignments in multiple operational buildings across the nation.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company – Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A1121890
- Computer Software
- Information Technology & Services
- Supply Chain
LOOKING for a JOB? Follow me.
Let’s help each other out! “We cannot help everyone, but everyone can help someone.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.