Associate/Manager – Sales & Trading Coverage. Frankfurt, Germany. Description:
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic.
Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The German Legal and Compliance Department is charged with day-to-day oversight and coordination of the Firm’s compliance with core regulatory requirements covering all EEA businesses operating in Germany including Institutional Sales and
Trading (Equities, Fixed income and Commodities, including E-Trading), Investment Banking, Global Capital Markets and Investment Management.
The Department provides advice on compliance matters including for new products and businesses and interpretation of rules and policies, develops and implements compliance policies and procedures, and provides relevant training.
It also maintains the rules management and compliance risk management frameworks, undertakes testing activities and utilizes exception reports to monitor and, where appropriate, investigate Firm, customer and employee activity.
The member of the German Compliance Coverage Team will support Morgan Stanley’s various EEA business units operating in Germany.
The individual will advise the EEA businesses in Frankfurt on Compliance with applicable rules and ensure that the organisation acts in
compliance with internal policies, external rules and regulations, in particular relating to European and German banking and securities rules
and regulations. Specific focus of this role is the Sales and Trading business, in particular e-Trading. This role will report into the German
Group head of Private Side / Sales & Trading Compliance Coverage. The role will be based in Frankfurt.
Associate/Manager – Sales & Trading Coverage. Key Responsibilities
Advice and training to the Business Units
– Provide guidance and advice to the Sales and Trading, Investment Banking, Global Capital Markets and Investment Management Business units on regulatory requirements and internal policies and procedures.
– In particular advise Morgan Stanley’s e-Trading business on requirements regarding Algorithmic Trading and High Frequency Trading, in particular MiFID 2 including but not limited to ESMA’s guidance
– Organise training to Business Unit employees on a regular basis on relevant laws and regulations as well as Morgan Stanley’s policies. Ensure that Morgan Stanley meets the training requirements in relation to e-Trading requirements.
New Business Initiatives
– Review and lead new business and infrastructure initiatives from a local and European regulatory, best practice and Firm perspective
Associate/Manager – Sales & Trading Coverage. Monitoring and testing
– Monitor adherence to compliance-relevant regulatory rules via ongoing controls and manual monitoring
– Review governance and controls for e-Trading in the legal entity and assisting in the development of new Compliance relevant controls where appropriate
– Analysis and review of e-Trading algorithms, including controls and testing methods, as part of 2nd Line of Defense Compliance oversight of algorithmic validation
– Interact with the relevant local regulators on e-Trading Compliance regulatory topics and contribute to implementing regulatory requirements
Rule interpretation and implementation of procedures and processes
– Ensure implementation of processes/procedures comply with laws and regulations
– Ensure policies and procedures are drafted and updated accordingly
– Contribute to local and regional committees
Contact with auditors and regulators
– Liaise with internal and external auditors
– Provide input to responses to inquiries from Exchanges, regulators and other regulatory bodies, in particular regarding e-Trading related inquiries
Associate/Manager – Sales & Trading Coverage.. Outsourcing
– Oversee and supervise all relevant Compliance owned outsourcing
– Relevant experience in Compliance with a leading international financial institution
Good understanding of regulatory requirements, in particular for electronic trading on a European (such as MiFID II) and local interpretations
– Experience in a role with direct exposure to electronic trading, preferably in a Compliance advisory role
– Knowledge of German banking and securities law/regulation
– Familiarity with Institutional Sales and Trading business, preferably also Investment Banking and Investment Management
– Fluent in German and English
– Degree in Law, Business Administration, Finance, Science or similar
Associate/Manager – Sales & Trading Coverage.. Key attributes
– Good judgement
– Practical and pragmatic
– Well organised and able to adapt, solution oriented
– Able to remain focused under pressure
– Able to work in a team and to collaborate with other functions
– Clear communication
– Attention to detail
– Assertive and persuasive
– Motivated, proactive and self-starting
– Discretion, integrity
• Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential.
Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences.
Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-CC1
LOOKING for a JOB? Follow me.
Let’s help each other out! “We cannot help everyone, but everyone can help someone.
More: New Opportunities
To apply for this job please visit www.postjobfree.com.