AWS Infrastructure Engineer – Berlin, Germany. Visa sponsor . About this job
AWS Infrastructure Engineer – Berlin, Germany. Visa sponsor. Job description
Whether on the go, in the subway or at home on the sofa, Babbel supports those who enjoy learning outside of work or school. Since its founding in 2007, the company has grown to become the market leader in app-based language learning. In total, Babbel offers 14 learning languages, from English to Indonesian.
Professional courses are readily available via the Babbel website as well as on your smartphone or tablet!
There’s still so much to do.
Babbel is for everyone, not some niche or elite strata of learners. Everyone. As our user base has grown, so has what they need from us. Their learning needs, life experiences, and reference points become more varied and colourful by the day.
Meeting that means ensuring users see themselves reflected —not just in our product— but the world it allows them to imagine with us. That means reflecting the dynamism and diversity of our users, as much as possible, in the production of Babbel.
We currently have 750 people from more than 50 nationalities working in our Berlin and New York offices, challenging and learning from each other at every step. A culture of difference and dignity is critical to how we’ve connected with millions of users, in every hemisphere.
We are looking for a Senior AWS Infrastructure Engineer for our Babbel Travel team to start in our office in Berlin, Germany!
Our Babbel Travel department builds and provides a platform for arranging language travel exchanges as a full service. Babbel Travel currently offers a selection of 200+ language schools in 32 countries, covering 9 major learning languages.
Babbel Travel is more than an aggregator for language schools: we help our users customise their learning experience by helping them select the most fitting combination of schools & courses, unique accommodation offers and advisory on additional activities. Not only do we make language travel as easy as possible, but we turn it into a unique experience!
With us, people can immerse themselves in new and exciting cultures and learn languages naturally!
Our infrastructure teams provide the core product platform as well as core AWS-based infrastructure to all other feature teams within Babbel. In your role as a Senior AWS Infrastructure Engineer, you will work with the infrastructure team to prepare and deliver a wide range of technical initiatives as well as manage the daily business.
In addition, you will help drive the evolution of the infrastructure itself collaborating with a variety of teams and stakeholders.
- Communicative and collaborative
- Driven with action bias and can-do attitude
- Pragmatic and not pedantic when it comes to software development
- A track record in software engineering with focus on backend and infrastructure
- Proven experience of core AWS services and features
- Experience with web frameworks in Python and/or Ruby
- Strong experience in provisioning the infrastructure with Terraform
- Familiar with configuration management tools (e.g. Chef)
- Working knowledge of running serverless applications (AWS Lambda)
- Experience in distributed system architectures (REST APIs) and in driving cross-platform projects
- Drive for simple and sustainable solutions
Join Jobzey for more job opportunities.
Nice to have:
- Experience in Programming language Go and Node.JS
- “AWS Certified Developer – Associate”
- Develop, build and run on the AWS and features
- Implement and drive agile projects across a wide range of initiatives
- Implement technical product platform evolution
- Enable and collaborate with other teams to get their projects running on the AWS
- Provide customised APIs to connect our tools and frameworks to the AWS
- Take care of daily operations and advise feature teams
Babbel is the world’s most successful language learning app. Work with us to make a real impact in the world, in a meaningful way.
- We’re driven by a bold challenge
- We solve meaningful problems – at scale.
- Diversity and difference are our strengths; lifelong learning is our life’s blood
- Work within a high-performing team at Babbel.
- Tackle a steep learning-curve – personally and professionally.
- Work in a challenging environment and where you’re expected to bring your game face
- Take advantage of a lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours.
- Draw from a vibrant international company with people from over 50 different nationalities.
- We offer great company benefits (high-end company bike, fresh fruit & drinks).
LOOKING for a JOB? Follow me.
Let’s help each other out! “We cannot help everyone, but everyone can help someone.
More: New Opportunities
To apply for this job please visit stackoverflow.com.