Backend Software Engineer (Node.js) – Remote. About this job
Backend Software Engineer (Node.js) – Remote . Job description
SemanticBits is seeking a Backend Software Engineer to implement a wide range of REST services in Node.js and databases.
You will work in a closely knit Scrum team to solve complex backend problems, such as integrating external services into our services, adding new database structures, and implementing new REST services in Node.js with a focus on security, performance, and scalability.
You will dig into business requirements and implement complex logic using modern technologies like Node.js. We believe strongly in test-driven development, continuous integration, and continuous deployment, and we have a strong DevOps mindset.
This is a remote position, though we do have offices in Herndon, VA and near Baltimore, MD.
Backend Software Engineer (Node.js) – Remote . Requirements:
Join Jobzey for more job opportunities.
- Experience building enterprise-scale backend REST services using an API-first paradigm
- Hands-on experience building services with Node.js
- Intimate knowledge of crafting highly performant database queries using frameworks like Sequelize, knex, or other query builders/ORMs
- Hands-on experience implementing relational database structures, including tables, indexes, views, etc.
- Experience implementing NoSQL databases like MongoDB preferred
- A mindset towards building systems for the cloud and DevOps fundamentals
- Working knowledge of AWS cloud infrastructure, such as EC2 and RDS
- Hands-on understanding of virtualization and experience with Docker
- Focus towards building security, performance, and scalability into services from the beginning
Backend Software Engineer (Node.js) – Remote . Benefits
LOOKING for a JOB? Follow me.
Let’s help each other out! “We cannot help everyone, but everyone can help someone.
More: New Opportunities
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.