Cloud Architect – Dublin, Ireland. The role of the new Cloud Architect will be based in Sandyford in Dublin which is one of the central IT functions. These roles report into the Applications and Maintenance Department.
Contract: Permanent, full-time.
Location: Dublin 18, Central Park
Department: Hosting & Network Department
Reporting Line: Cloud Architect Team Manager
LeasePlan is one of the world’s leading fleet managing companies, with 1.7 million vehicles under management in over 30 countries.
Our core business involves managing the entire vehicle life-cycle for our clients, taking care of everything from purchasing, insurance and maintenance to car re-marketing.
With over 50 years’ experience, we are a trusted partner for our corporate, SME, private and mobility service clients. Our mission is to provide what’s next in mobility via an ‘Any car, Anytime, Anywhere’ service – so you can focus on what’s next for you.
Our IT landscape is continually changing to meet the needs of the Digitized business and we are delivering our cloud hybrid strategy in terms of our Private and Public clouds.
Due to growth in the services we provide to our internal customer in terms of Public / Hybrid cloud we have two new positions for cloud engineers. These roles are exciting opportunities for the successful candidates providing exposure to new and emerging technologies.
Cloud Architect – Dublin, Ireland
The role of the new Cloud Architect will be based in Sandyford in Dublin which is one of the central IT functions. These roles report into the Applications and Maintenance Department.
The Architect will also be responsible to identify areas of cloud support that can be handed over to out IT operations department which is serviced by an offshore partner this will include documentation, identification of suitable services and leading knowledge transition with our partner.
The Architect will also look for opportunities to implement further Infrastructure Automation to support our hybrid cloud strategy. They will also support end to end public cloud automation of application delivery.
Cloud Architect. Principal Accountabilities
· Cloud Architect , Driving & improving our service delivery for Public / Hybrid cloud offerings to our internal customers
· Leading the handover of identified areas of cloud services that can be transferred to our Operations partner
· Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or Enhancements and makes recommendations to Architects
· Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements
· Develops documentation on new or existing systems
· Develops and directs tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements
· Identifies, analyses, and resolves system problems
· Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance for utilizing cloud computing resources
· Collaborates with development teams to improve CI/CD
· Collaborates with architects to create optimal cloud-based solutions that are cost effective to operate
· Serves as liaison with other parts/vendors, participating in meetings to ensure business needs are met
· Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned
· Participates in special projects as required
· Ensures that group security policies are met in all elements
· Identifies opportunities for optimization/stability and explores new ideas to better services and products
· Helps with scripts/code to assist in the development of the whole platform
· Works with internal IT organizations to help to utilize AWS resources to create and maintain services
· Implement tooling & processes to support a DevOps approach to Project Development and Small change being implemented by separate physical teams locally and remotely based.
· Documenting and promoting best practices related to solution design, development and automated build & release management through tooling and processes.
Cloud Architect. Knowledge & Experience
. 3+ years’ experience with Cloud based hosting solutions AWS-EC2/S3
. 2+ years’ with large-scale infrastructure designs, implementation, and support
· 2+ years Systems and Networking experience with AWS and Azure services
· Cloud Architect. Good Knowledge of ITIL processes
. 1+ years’ experience supporting development teams embracing Agile principles
· Hands-on knowledge across the catalog of AWS and Azure technologies
· Experience supporting and/or creating a production environment
· Experience working with other developers/engineers
· Configuration management technologies (Terraform/Ansible)
· Containerization (Docker/Kubernetes)
· Virtualization hypervisors (VMWare, Microsoft Hyper-V, XenServer)
· Git and CI/CD tools (SVN, BitBucket GitHub, etc)
· SOC based processes/technologies
· Strong Linux OS RHEL preferred, SLES, Windows, Active Directory & Networking Skills
· Experience with AWS and Azure Cloud Security
· Basic scripting skills (Python, Perl, bash, cmd, etc.)
Education and Qualifications
· IT Professional with a 3rd Level IT qualification or equivalent is preferred
· Progress in terms of AWS Professional Certification
Cloud Architect.. Skills & Behaviors
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills to both IT and not IT audiences
· Strategic thinking – being able to see the big picture beyond the bounds of the current project and to propose a range of solutions from conservative to innovative is necessary
· Active Listening – listening carefully when collecting information related to business/technology strategy, business objectives, solution business/technical requirements.. Being able to relate the current project to the overall Enterprise Architecture (EA), technology, and business strategies
· Bering a Self-starter and proactive approach with little supervision.
· Ability to work well in a team environment
The Company reserves the right at all time to add or amend any aspect of the above described Job Description.
LeasePlan Information Services Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer
If you send us your CV in response to a vacancy you give your
consent to this Applicant privacy statement.
Cloud Architect . Seniority Level
- Computer Software
- Information Technology & Services
- Information Technology
Cloud Architect – Dublin, Ireland
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.