Cloud Platform Software Engineer. About this job
Cloud Platform Software Engineer. Job description
Description Are you interested in building the next generation of Internet services that touches millions of people across the globe every day? This is an excellent opportunity for you to join Rakuten!Rakuten is a leading E-commerce company globally. Our mission is to contribute to society by creating value through innovation and entrepreneurship. You will be operating on world class large scale distributed fault tolerant systems as a Software Engineer.
In the Cloud Platform Department (CPD), we aim to build and maintain robust infrastructure platform solutions that enable and empower Rakuten’s businesses around the world.
Cloud Platform Software Engineer
Cloud Platform Department in Rakuten offers a wide range of services and products to Rakuten Group Services through our private cloud platform including but not limited to IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, Cloud Storage, CI & CD Pipelines, Image Delivery, Network as a Service. As a Software Engineer you cannot only choose to work on one of the wide arrays of products, services and in-house tools but will also have the opportunity to introduce or propose a new tool and architecture.
The wide array of products and services we offer provide opportunity for our team members to work on creating new inhouse tools and platforms, improve existing tools, services and platforms by introducing new development practices, languages and middleware.Our teams work on various languages and frameworks depending on what best fits the requirements. So, you will get the opportunity to choose from one of the popular languages and frameworks including but not limited to (Python, Java, Golang, PHP, Ruby).
As a software engineer in Cloud Platform Department, you will get the opportunity to work closely with DevOps Engineers getting visibility of all layers of a Cloud Platform and utilize various latest technologies in IT infrastructure management.
If you’re looking new job opportunities that offer relocation and high
salaries around the world check it out on our website Jobzey
- Development of information systems (web, APIs, Linux Client Apps) by analysing requirements and designing solutions.
- Determination of operational feasibility by problem definition, requirements analysis, solutions and software development.
- Development of software solutions by analysing user needs, system flows, data usage and work processes.
- Investigation and identification of improvement areas.
- Collaboration with users to improve user experience based on user needs.
- Develop and maintain technical solutions and mentor junior engineers.
- Constantly re-evaluate existing solution’s architecture, code and process.
- Configure and maintain monitoring components, alerting and logging.
- Working on CI & CD pipelines to automate deployments.
- Designing of automated workflows for manual repetitive tasks.
- Create and keep knowledge base updated.
- Evaluation of new products and tools.
- Accomplishment of engineering and organization missions by completed related tasks as needed.
Cloud Platform Software Engineer. Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or ITC Systems
- 5+ years working experience as a developer/ software engineer
- Very good understanding of Web Systems
- At least 3+ years’ experience with one of the following technologies:
– Python, Python Flask, Python Flask Restful, Django
– Java, Scala
– Ruby on Rails
– React JS
– Angulur JS
- Experience of using one of the following SQL and NoSQL Databases
- Experience of utilizing Object storage
- Strong understanding and development experience on Linux Systems.
- Experience of building or using RESTFul APIs
- Experience with working on cloud technologies.
Cloud Platform Software Engineer. Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience working with cloud and container technologies such as docker and kubernetes.
- Understanding of log and metric collection
- Understanding of Configuration Management Systems (Chef, Ansible)
- Experience of writing automation scripts
- Experience of building active / active applications deployed across the globe in multiple datacentres.
- Working experience of globally spread teams will be a plus
- Working experience of scrum agile
- Knowledge of building secure systems
- Knowledge and previous experience of computer networks and infrastructure is a big plus
- Knowledge and experience of using or working on storage systems like Ceph
LOOKING for a JOB? Follow me.
Let’s help each other out! “We cannot help everyone, but everyone can help someone.
More: New Opportunities
To apply for this job please visit jobs.rakuten.careers.