Country Manager – Toronto, Canada
ConMed has successfully built our business in Canada in the last few years. In Canada, we have a team of around 30 staff managing a network of direct sales representatives and distributors in different provinces.
ConMed plans to expand the business aggressively in the next few years through both an organic and inorganic manner. The Company will expand the product portfolio in Canada via bringing in a lot of new products and at the same time, expand the distribution network nationwide.
On the other hand, the Company is also looking for acquisition or partnership opportunities in order to extend our presence and reach in the market. In the past, the Company spent most of our effort in developing our Orthopedic Division in Canada.
In the coming years, besides expanding the coverage of the Orthopedic Division, the Company also plans to expand the General Surgery Division at the same time. More new products will be introduced to the market and better customer service will be provided.
Country Manager – Toronto, Canada
ABOUT THE POSITION
This is an established position with evolving roles and responsibilities. The new incumbent is expected to establish the strategy and roadmap for the next three to five years.
Country Manager. This includes the expansion of the product portfolio, the development of a larger and wider distribution network, a closer working relationship with all the end-users (medical surgeons), an upgrade of customer service programs, a stronger network with the regulatory authorities, and an uplift of the team’s core competencies.
Besides building a stronger foundation for the Company to grow, he/she is also expected to look out for opportunities to grow in an inorganic manner.
Country Manager. The new incumbent will work closely with the VP & GM Canada & Latin America. At the same time, he/she is expected to collaborate closely with the brand/product/QA & Regulatory Affairs teams in HQ in developing products for the Canadian market.
He/she has a strong passion in building the medical devices business in Canada. Strategic, hands-on, and able to work closely with the team in the field to better service the customers’ needs.
Country Manager. The successful candidate is expected to come from the medical devices industry, preferably with experience in orthopedic or general surgery areas. Solid track record in leading the sales & marketing teams to build the business in Canada.
A strong business leader, knowledgeable in the medical industry with a good network with the customers, distributors and the regulatory authorities. Strong leadership, capable in building and coaching the team. This role reports directly to the VP& GM Canada & Latin America.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIESThe new General Manager will assume full P & L accountability of the Candain market. He/She formulates the business vision and builds detailed business plans and budget that enable the company to grow profitably and aggressively.
Country Manager. Working closely with the global product team to determine or develop products that suit the market needs. Based on the business plan, the new incumbent is going to upgrade the current organization structure to support the growth of the business.
- Establish the Company’s vision in the Canadian market
- Formulate the business strategies and plans in strengthening the market presence and building the business aggressively in the following three years
- Communicate the Canadian vision and business strategies to all internal staff and ensuring the distributors’ activities are aligned with the Company’s vision and strategies
- Study the market trend and understand the customer needs in the Canadian market. Assess the current challenges faced by the Company in the market and develop action plans to overcome these challenges
- Continuously strengthen the product portfolio via bringing in the right products from HQ that suit the market demand, and at the same time, develops products with the global team that suits the customers’ specific needs
- Country Manager. Strengthen the brand presence and improve the brand awareness via effective marketing communication programs and endorsement by the industry professionals or key opinion leaders
- Aggressively build the business while maintaining profitable growth
- Widen and deepen the distribution network
- Lead the team in securing a stronger working relationship with the related regulatory authorities, key opinion leaders, and key customers to promote and support the Company’s long-term business objectives.
- Establish clear measurable KPIs for all the top team members
- Build a competent team via training, coaching and talent acquisition. Establish a clear succession plan for all the key roles.
- Country Manager. Develop a winning culture that reflect high performance, trust and teamwork.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE The ideal candidate will demonstrate a highly successful track record of building a medical devices business in Canada. Candidates will need to have a combination of the following experience and personal attributes:
- 10+ years of experience in the medical devices or life sciences industry in Canada with ideally 5+ years at the senior management level
- Country Manager. Solid track record in building the business in the medical devices area
- Demonstrated proven track record in sales, marketing and general management across organizations which were growing and innovating
- Country Manager. Strong understanding of the Canadian market, including regulatory, legal policies and environment to mitigate risk to the business.
- Excellent commercial and business acumen to navigate, and negotiate with, key stakeholders, both internal and external, in a challenging and competitive environment.
- Strong track record of growth and achieving results in line with business objectives, including profit targets and building top and bottom line growth.
- Country Manager.Able to continuously improve the operation cost structure while balancing the external presence required to ensure the Company’s continued success in the market.
- Demonstrated ability to create new and innovative approaches in achieving the business targets
Country Manager. PERSONAL/PROFESSIONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Knowledge of the Canadian healthcare market, including the regulatory framework, market access and a demonstrated use of insights to enhance the Company’s offerings and business performance.
- Country Manager. A global mindset, strong commercial acumen and results driven, with the energy and drive to deliver outstanding performance in the organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills to influence and communicate across the business, regional and local (internal and external) stakeholders at all levels of the organization. Building an engaging culture of inclusion, sharing and the retention of knowledge within an organization.
- Excellent stakeholder management, working with the commercial teams and major hospital groups.
- Country Manager. Strong and confident decision maker who is capable of making tough decisions when required.
- Team player and proven ability to build a highly engaged, high performance team where succession and development have been an integral part of the culture.
- An uncompromised integrity. Strong ethical and moral standards.
- Country Manager. Ability to communicate fluently in English is mandatory, bilingual in French preferred (not required)
- Undergraduate degree is required. MBA or other professional qualification is preferred.
- Medical Device
- Hospital & Health Care
- Business Development
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.