Crime and Intelligence Analist. The City of Henderson announces an examination to create an eligibility list and to fill one (1) vacancy for the classification of Crime and Intelligence Analyst in the Police Department.
Intelligence Analist. Position Overview
The City of Henderson announces an examination to create an eligibility list and to fill one (1) vacancy for the classification of Crime and Intelligence Analyst in the Police Department. The eligibility list may be utilized to fill vacancies for this classification for up to one (1) year.
Click here to view a complete copy of the job description and physical requirements.
Crime and Intelligence Analist. Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in criminal justice, public administration, computer science, mathematics, or a closely related field.
- Five (5) years of experience analyzing statistics and information, two (2) of which were for a law enforcement agency and included experience with ESRI tools and relational databases.
- Note: An equivalent combination of related training and experience may be considered.
- May require a valid Nevada or “border state” driver’s license, as defined in NRS 483.
- Must pass a nationwide fingerprint-based record check, and a wants/warrants check.
- Must complete Security Awareness and National Crime Information Center (NCIC)/Nevada Criminal Justice Information System (NCJIS) certification within six months of hire/transfer and be recertified every two years.Must maintain certifications in NCIC/NCJIS as a condition of continued employment.
- Desirable: Certificate in crime and/or intelligence analysis.
- Also, visit Smardart.com or Jobzey.com for more job opportunities.
Crime and Intelligence Analist. Required Documents/Assessment Information
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION:
Completed Employment Application
- Completed Supplemental QuestionnaireAssessment Dates
Oral Review Board (Weighted 100%) – Wednesday, May 6, 2020
Selection Interview – Thursday, May 7, 2020
All applicants will be notified via e-mail or telephone of their application status and the assessment dates/times/locations after the closing date of this announcement.
Important Information On Scheduling Assessments
- Innovation Director / Directeur De L’innovation – Montreal, Canada
If you are invited to participate in the assessment process, you will be required to self-schedule through the City of Henderson on-line application system. Please check your e-mail on a regular basis after submitting your application for complete instructions, which include where and when to report.The assessment and selection process for this position will take place on the dates listed above. All candidates who wish to be considered for this position will need to be in Henderson, Nevada, and make themselves available to participate in the testing process at any time on any of the dates listed above.
- SELECTION PROCESSThe selection process will begin with an employment application package screening, with the best qualified candidates being invited to participate further in the assessment process. This process may include any combination of written, performance, and oral assessments to evaluate job-related education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The City will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. It is the responsibility of the candidate requiring accommodation to contact the Human Resources Department in writing prior to the close of the recruitment.
Appointment may be subject to the successful completion of a post offer pre-employment background investigation and medical/physical examination, including a drug/alcohol test. Please see the job description to view the physical requirements. The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards.
IMPORTANT : Appointment is subject to the successful completion of a post offer pre-employment background investigation, polygraph examination, medical/physical examination, drug and alcohol test. Please see the job description to view the physical requirements of the job . As part of the background investigation, all claims of education and experience made in the employment application process, as well as other information submitted, will be verified.
NOTE: The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards. The selection process should be completed within four (4) months of the closing date. Candidates may reapply when there is a vacancy and a posting to establish an eligibility list. Some candidates may be disqualified indefinitely due to the results of their background investigation.
- LOOKING for a JOB? Follow me.Let’s help each other out! “We cannot help everyone, but everyone can help someone.
Follow us on facebook: New-Opportunities
- Government Administration
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.