Data Analyst – Toronto, Canada. You want to Own Your Career. You’re serious about rising as far and as fast as your work and achievements can take you. And you’re ready to write the next chapter of your career story: a challenging and rewarding role as a Data Analyst.
Let’s Talk About You
You want to Own Your Career. You’re serious about rising as far and as fast as your work and achievements can take you. And you’re ready to write the next chapter of your career story: a challenging and rewarding role as a Data Analyst.
A Word About Us
Data Analyst – Toronto, Canada
Capco – Forming the Future of Finance
Capco is a distinctly and positively different place to work. Much more than consultants, we are active participants in the global financial services industry. Our passionate business and technology professionals enjoy a unique environment where they are actively encouraged to apply intellect, innovation, experience and teamwork.
We are dedicated to fully supporting our world class clients as they respond to challenges and opportunities in: Banking, Capital Markets, Finance Risk & Compliance, Insurance and Wealth and Investment Management. Experience Capco for yourself at capco.com.
Let’s Get Down to Business
Capco is looking for talented, innovative and creative people to join our emerging data analytics team to work on a number of projects and applications.
Data Analyst. Responsibilities
· Define and obtain source data required to successfully deliver insights and use cases
· Determine the data mapping required to join multiple data sets together across multiple sources
· Create methods to highlight and report data inconsistencies, allowing users to review and provide feedback
· Propose suitable data migration sets to relevant stakeholders
· Assist teams with processing, planning, tracking, scope and coordination of data migration sets as required
· Work on end-to-end flow of a broad range of analytics use cases
· Maintain RAID logs for projects, and ensure that these are fed into the programme effectively
· Lead and work closely with all stakeholders creating a strong culture of transparency and collaboration
· Adhere strictly to compliance/operational risk controls and due diligence in accordance with regulatory standards, policies and practices
· Report concerns or observations in terms of control weaknesses, compliance breaches and operational risk
· Maintains control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points
Data Analyst. Must Haves
· Demonstrate a continual desire to implement “strategic” or “optimal” solutions and where possible, avoid workarounds or short-term tactical solutions
· Data Mapping
· Manage stakeholder expectations and ensure that robust communication and escalation mechanisms are in place across project portfolios
· Knowledge of one or more of the following domains:
· Corporate Banking
· Instrument and pricing
· Market and/or Credit Risk
· Business analysis skills, defining and understanding requirements using attention to detail
Data Analyst.. Technical capabilities
· Python and python Libraries such as Pyspark
· Ability to write SQL queries
· Good knowledge of SDLC and formal Agile processes, with a bias towards TDD and a willingness to test products as part of the delivery cycle
· Experience using and flattening XML
· Experience with big data programmes
Data Analyst. Nice to Haves
We are also looking for individuals who demonstrate the following traits:
· A good understanding of control requirements surrounding data handling
· Ability to assess operational risks during analysis, implementation, planning and execution phases in conjunction with stakeholders
· Knowledge and experience in data quality & governance
Professional experience is important. But it’s paramount you share our belief in disruptive innovation that puts clients ahead in a tough market. From Day One, your key skill will be to perceive new and better ways of doing things to give your clients an unfair advantage.
Now Take the Next Step
If you’re looking forward to progressing your career with us, then we’re looking forward to receiving your application.
- Financial Services
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.