Data Architect needed in Vienna, USA. We’re looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members’ and their families’ lives.
Data Architect . Job Description
YOUR LIFE’S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important To You Is Important To Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we’re looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members’ and their families’ lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
- FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®
- Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
- FORTUNE® Best Workplaces for Millennials
- Forbes® America’s Best Employers
- PEOPLE® Companies That Care
Data Architect . Responsibilities
- Coordinate and enhance data quality, integration, and availability across the enterprise
- Simplify data flows and remove unrelated cost from complex and fragmented enterprise data systems
- Effectively plan, prioritize, and manage the delivery of data to increase business effectiveness
- Responsible for designing and maintaining data processes and architectural designs for data systems
- Communicated enterprise data architecture to data stewards and management across many to all levels
- Prepares realistic project implementation plans which highlight major milestones and deliverables leveraging standard methods and work planning tools
- Provides remedy plans for potential issues and risks during the analytics project implementation and can suggest realistic mitigation strategies
- Mentors data stewards across all levels in carrying out project implementation activities
- Leads the preparation of high quality project deliverables that are valued by the business and presents them in such a manner that they are easily understood by project stakeholders
- Being a key point of contact all data stewards and business stakeholders across projects, teams, and the enterprise
- Use design thinking approaches to achieve enterprise level data architecture
- Conceptualizes and optimizes data flows across large data systems, projects, and/or the enterprise
- Communicating and owns the governance process of data related task
- Coordinate sourcing, maintaining, and validating large volumes data
- Perform other duties as assigned
Data Architect . Qualifications And Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Understanding of enterprise data strategies and tools use for vast solutions
- Experience using data practices to build data drive solutions, functionalities, and aid in cost effective measures
- High level knowledge of relational database management and cloud based systems
- Understanding data mining techniques, data modeling, operational and applicational based systems to aid in development and the integration of current systems into the enterprise data infrastructure
- Highly experienced across all phases of data modeling efforts
- Understands the development lifecycle, requirements, and design techniques
- Experienced with data warehousing, data governance, data pipelines and other analytical techniques required for large data usage
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of multiple database and data mapping concepts
- Experienced knowledge of complex data structures and the ability enhance the data to be integrated across the enterprise.
- Understands the concepts and application of data mapping, data quality, and data architecture
- Demonstrates clear use and knowledge of data visualization tools such as Microsoft Power BI, Azure Adv. Analytics Architecture
- Experienced knowledge of various data structures and the ability to manipulate data within visualization tools
- Ability to manipulate raw data into effective visualization dashboards
- Ability to communicate end to end data outcomes to all levels of the team hierarchy
- Understanding of data models, large datasets, business/technical requirements, BI tools, data warehousing, statistical programming languages and libraries
Desired Qualifications And Education Requirements
Graduate education in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Knowledge of Navy Federal Credit Union instructions, standards, and procedures
- Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
LOOKING for a JOB? Follow me.
Let’s help each other out! “We cannot help everyone, but everyone can help someone.
- Financial Services
- Business Development
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.