Data Center Electrical Engineer (Tier III & IV)- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Please note that only candidates that have sufficient years of experience at a Tier III or Tier IV Data Center will be considered. All other applications will be disregarded.
The primary responsibility of the position is to manage (operationally) the datacenters power infrastructure. Ability to collaborate with project team to establish new infrastructure equipment standards and operational methods for all the company’s data centers and to ensure that existing standards are implemented.
Data Center Electrical Engineer – Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Hold primary responsibility for the maintenance of data center power equipment from the main switch through the rack level PDU including all intermediate UPS’s, PDU’s, and switch gear.
- Hold primary responsibility for determining the best location of all new compute and storage equipment within existing data centers. Using industry best practices, proper power analysis.
- Liaise with Operations Management team, facilities, IT teams, and procurement to insure that all projects progress smoothly, on schedule, and within budget. These projects include new installations, operational changes, scheduled maintenance, and equipment upgrades.
- Manage contracts related to the data center infrastructure, liaise with legal on contracts, and work directly with contractors to ensure timely completion of all work.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and new technologies related to power, security, monitoring systems, and floor layout.
- Propose and prototype new standards based on new technology.
- Develop new best practices that will reduce unscheduled downtime, improve operations, reliability, safety, and energy efficiency.
- Ensure best practices and global standards are in place for the data center.
- Perform daily checks of HVAC, electrical distribution, BMS, and life safety systems.
- Collect and analyze data on various compute systems, maintain historical records, and provide management with statistical analysis as requested.
- Monitor and adjust electrical distribution and BMS to maintain optimal operating and environmental conditions.
- Maintain records on all work performed, contracts, and equipment.
Data Center Electrical Engineer, Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering.
· Five (5) years’ experience and technical certifications on UPS systems and static transfer switches. Certification from an accredited organization like Uptime Institute.
- Must possess a degree in engineering and have two (2) years’ experience with complex UPS systems, megawatt power plant designs, and experience with mission critical facilities.Demonstrated experience and familiarity with
- Power distribution, conditioning, and cooling technology options, costs and tradeoffs.
- Familiarity with datacenter guidelines and standards especially Tier III design standards.
- Annual budgets, maintenance schedules, contract administration, and managing contractors.
- Capacity planning for new compute and storage equipment installs.
- Responding to scheduled and unscheduled outages.
- Demonstrated ability to
- Work collaboratively with the local campus facilities engineers and IT teams.
- Communicate effectively (written & oral) across cross functional teams.
Data Center Electrical Engineer. Take independent action during emergencies
- Computer Software
- Information Technology & Services
- Computer & Network Security
- Information Technology
Data Center Electrical Engineer
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.