Data Developer – Toronto, Canada
Help us boldly shape retail in Canada
Canadian Tire Corporation’s (CTC) rich heritage of serving Canadians from coast-to-coast dates back to 1922. Our vision is to become the #1 retail brand in Canada by 2022 and we are focused on innovating and making important investments in our business, especially when it comes to our people.
To reach our goal, we need the best talent to help us evolve and drive change across the business – and boldly help shape Canada’s retail industry. As we strive to be at the forefront of a complex and vastly changing retail industry, it is an exciting time to join the Canadian Tire family of companies.
In addition to submitting your application for this role, please visit this link to complete an initial screening questionnaire.
At Customer Insights and Analytics, we are the Engineering and Analytics team that support CTC’s customer-first strategy by enabling customer-centric, data-driven decision making across all levels of the enterprise in a predictable and scalable manner.
Data Developer – Toronto, Canada
Continue to build self-serve data and insights services as an input to business strategy, planning and to drive 1:1 customer engagement across the entire customer journey. Our main objectives are to:
- Operate with speed and scalability: Support the scientists to transition to cloud-based BI and Data Science / ML infrastructure. Productionize all analytics models and systems as microservices for direct and immediate access by any business application, group or user.Data Developer.
- Continue build-out of customer 360 data ecosystem: Embed new universal customer identifier (Ataccama customer MDM) into enterprise data architecture and integrate with CIAM. Deliver complete, unified enterprise data mart – prioritize key business areas in 2020 delivery plan. Partner with IT on design and implementation of sustained DataOps support model.
- Launch self-serve dashboards and reporting: Enable business self-serve in three key areas – (1) Loyalty operations, (2) customer performance and profiling and (3) 1:1 offer performance.
- Improve team engagement and retention: Support the delivery of a complete, unified enterprise data mart to serve as a single source of business-ready corporate data for general consumption – prioritize key business areas in delivery plan
Data Developer. What You’ll Do
- Build and maintain batch (real-time is a plus) data pipelines to power our analytical reports and dashboards
- Analysis of historical data to identify trends and support decision making, including written and verbal presentation of results and recommendations
- Set up A/B tests and ensure metrics are reported accurately
- Identifying data needs and driving data quality improvement projects
- Data Developer.Design tools and automation processes to enable easy-to-use workflows for internal teams
- Evangelizing data driven decision making within the team and to business & product owners
- Understanding the broad range of Canadian Tire’s data resources, and knowing the right ones to use for the problems at hand
Data Developer. Who You Are
We are looking for individuals who are:
- Data Developer.Creative and courageous, with the ability to manage in an environment of change and ambiguity to help us take bold, strategic moves in this rapidly evolving retail environment
- Action oriented, and comfortable taking calculated risks to better serve our customers and business
- Outcome focused, critical thinkers with the ability to analyze and visualize, to ensure continuous improvement across our entire business
- Collaborative team players with superior influencing skills, who build relationships easily across various stakeholder groups to move initiatives forward
If you’re curious, ready to take on new challenges and open to doing things differently to help us evolve rapidly, then this is definitely the place to be.
Data Developer. What You Bring
- BS degree or higher in computer science engineering, statistics, mathematics, econometrics, or a similar quantitative field
- 2+ years hands-on experience in data engineering, software engineering and/or data analysis
- 3+ years of hands-on experience developing BI and Reporting Solutions
- Technical Requirements:
- Proficient in Python (Pandas, NumPy, Virtual Environment, Airflow)
- Experienced in Apache Spark, or other big data processing frameworks
- Proficient in SQL
- Proficient in software development, and source code management (Git etc)
- Data Developer.Prior success in working with extremely large datasets using big data technologies
- Demonstrated ability to directly partner with business owners to understand product requirements
- Effective spoken and written communication to senior audiences, including strong data presentation and visualization skills
- Detail-oriented, with an aptitude for solving unstructured problems
- Familiarity with Azure services
- Data Developer.Experience with Hadoop, Hive, Snowflake
- Experience with data streaming technologies like Kafka, Spark Streaming is a plus
- Experience with agile development and leadership skills
About Canadian Tire Corporation
Data Developer. Canadian Tire and its family of companies are boldly shaping retail in Canada and we continue to deliver a positive experience for our customers.
As one of the most trusted brands in Canada, our employees take pride in the work we do across the country. It’s more than the iconic triangle that keeps our employees around.
From benefits and perks, to learning and development opportunities, to our commitment to Jumpstart – these are some of the many reasons why Canadian Tire Corporation is one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies .
Data Developer.To learn more about this team and the Canadian Tire family of companies follow us on LinkedIn .
Canadian Tire is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees — their diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences make our business stronger.
If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience.
Data Developer. Ontario-Toronto
- Information Technology
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.