Data Scientist 1 – San Jose, CA, US.
Data Scientist 1. Who We Are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy.
Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 305 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person.
Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid.
Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created account – click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications.
Data Scientist 1. Note
Provide full legal first Name/Family Name
- DO: Capitalize first letter of First and Last Name. Example: John Smith
- DON’T: Capitalize entire First and/or Last Name. Example: JOHN SMITH
- NOTE: Use correct grammar for Names with multiple cases. Example: McDonald or O’Connell
Provide full address details. Resume Is Required
Multiple attachments can be uploaded including Resume and Cover Letter for each application
Data Scientist 1. Job Description Summary
In PayPal, we leverage business rules engine technology to build solutions for risk management and other business cases. Our powerful rules engine processes several hundred millions of requests and runs thousands of business rules to quickly make business decisions every day.
The evolution of this decision rules platform is key to our long term success. PayPal Decision Technology and Analytics team is looking for a talented and self-motivated data scientist to help enhance data and decision quality around our decision platform. As a data scientist, you will be responsible for data and decision monitoring and quality.
You will also be responsible for maintaining the decision platform to support decision management, application development and business analysis. You will get exposed to many new technologies and have opportunities to work in a dynamic environment.
Data Scientist 1. Job Description
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to review and design technical solutions, troubleshoot and solve complex business problems.
- Proactively propose business requirement and possible solutions to address business and technical issues.
- Perform data analysis and monitoring in Big Data environment to validate data and decision quality.
- Set up standards and develop processes for operational efficiency.
- Write detailed technical documentation to allow easy hand-offs to other team members.
- Work effectively with globally distributed teams in multiple time zones.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to present ideas, design and outcomes to a diverse audience
- Can-do attitude, team player, energetic personality, ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
Data Scientist 1. Qualifications
- Master degree or Bachelor degree with 2 year work experience in Computer Science, Data Science or a related technical field
- Strong working knowledge of Unix/Linux operating systems
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel for data analysis.
- Solid programming skills in Python and Linux shell scripting
- Experience with RDBMS and NoSQL databases such as MySQL, Teradata, MongoDB, Influx and Elasticsearch
- Experience with Hadoop, MapReduce, Pig and Hive.
- Knowledge of payment industry and risk management
- Knowledge of business rule management system such as IBM ODM will be a plus
- Knowledge of machine learning will be a plus
Data Scientist 1. Travel Percent
San Jose, California, United States of America
Bachelors Degree or Equivalent: Computer Engineering (Required)
We’re a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day.
We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect.
Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
LOOKING for a JOB? Follow me.
Let’s help each other out! “We cannot help everyone, but everyone can help someone.
Follow us on facebook: New-Opportunities
Reference Number: R0054809
- Computer Software
- Financial Services
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.