About this job
Data Scientist vs Data Engineer. Job description
Millions of people experience real-life adventures with our apps. We help people all over the world discover the best hiking and biking routes, empowering our users to explore more of the great outdoors. And we’re good at it: Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times—and we are consistently ranked amongst the highest-grossing apps in both Google Play and the App Store.
To help us continue to grow, we are looking for an experienced data scientist dedicated to coding and building production-ready services.
With over 9 million active users, komoot possesses a unique dataset of user-generated content, ranging from GPS data from tours, uploaded photos, and tips, to implicit and explicit user feedback.
Using this data as well as various open data sources, you will drive product enhancements forward that will directly impact the user experience. We believe that innovations based on data science will reinforce and extend our leadership in the outdoor market and your role will be decisive for komoot’s success.
Data Scientist vs Data Engineer. Your key responsibilities
- Work closely with our web and mobile developers, designers, copywriters and product managers
- Discuss product improvements, technical possibilities and road maps
- Investigate and evaluate data science approaches for product enhancements
- Write code that is well structured, well tested and documented
- Enhance existing components and APIs as well as write new services from scratch
- Deploy and monitor your code in our AWS Cloud (you can count on the support of experienced backend engineers)
Data Scientist vs Data Engineer. Why you will love it
- You will be challenged in a wide range of data science tasks
- You deal with a diverse set of data (user-generated content, analytics data and external data sources)
- You go beyond prototyping and ship your code to production
- You contribute to a product with a vision to inspire more people to go outdoors
- You’ll work in a fast-paced startup with strongly motivated and talented co-workers
- You’ll enjoy the freedom to organize yourself the way you want
- We let you work from wherever you want, be it a beach, the mountains, your house or anywhere else that lies in any time zone situated between UTC-1 and UTC+3
- You’ll travel together with our team to amazing outdoor places several times a year to exchange ideas, learnings and go for hikes and rides
You will be successful in this position if you
- Have a passion for finding pragmatic and smart solutions to complex problems
- Have 3+ years of industry experience in data science
- Have 2+ years of experience in professional programming, preferable in Python or Java
- Experience in technologies like pandas, numpy, Jupyter Notebooks, seaborn, scikit-learn, PyTorch and TensorFlow
- Know your toolkit: git, ssh, bash and docker.
- Experience in AWS, infrastructure as code and monitoring is a plus
- Have strong communication and team skills
- Have a hands-on attitude and are highly self-driven
Sounds like you?
Send us the following:
- Your CV in English
- A write-up explaining who you are and why you are interested in working at komoot
- Examples of your work (e.g. GitHub Repositories, PDFs, Slideshare, etc.)
- Feel free to send us something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in, be it your Twitter/Instagram account, a blog or something else
- LOOKING for a JOB? Follow me. Not because I am an Influencer but because I sincerely care. I want to bring change to the recruiting process. Even if one person gets a job, I would be the happiest person. Job searching is emotionally draining. No one should have to go through this alone.
I think everyone should support jobseekers’ posts. It takes a second, but may change someone’s life. LinkedIn isn’t only about entertainment. It’s about networking.
Let’s help each other out! “We cannot help everyone, but everyone can help someone.
To apply for this job please visit www.komoot.com.