St. George's University
University Support Services LLC (USS) is the North American affiliate for St. George’s University (SGU), a leading center of international medical education, drawing students and faculty from 140 countries to the island of Grenada, in the West Indies.
SGU has helped change lives through its more than 20,000 alumni, which include physicians, veterinarians, scientists, and public health and business professionals across the world.
Director, International Marketing and Communications – UAE
The Director, International Marketing and Communications is responsible for the strategy and execution of consumer engagement and communication across East Asia, South Asia, UK, Europe, Africa, and the Middle East.
The Director will manage the International Marketing and Communications team and will report to the Head of International Recruitment, who will be based in Dubai.
The overarching goal of this position is to support the international recruitment team’s efforts by generating high quality prospective student leads and engaging them through communications.
· Take data and turn it into useful information, supporting our aim of being an “Evidence-Based Consumer Engagement Organization”
· Turn international recruitment strategy and priorities into compelling student (and family) engagement
· Partner with the Home Office Marketing and Communications team to develop a mix of global creative and messaging with localized variations
Organizational Leadership· Manage a team of three regional marketing and communications managers
· Collaborate with Recruitment and Enrollment Operations team based in the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom,
India, East Asia, South Africa, and New York, as well as recruiters based in additional countries
Advise and support co-marketing partnerships with key educational institutions
· Develop and monitor a marketing plan to produce high quality prospective student leads
· Manage ad agencies across approximately 10-15 countries
· Manage agency and internal creative team to produce or modify deliverables to fit local needs
· Create cost efficiencies through intelligent purchasing of effective media
· QA creative to ensure adherence to the organization’s brand standards
· Perform other duties as assigned
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
The person in this position must have proven and wide-ranging knowledge and experience in modern day, contemporary techniques for engaging students and their families as well as converting prospective students to matriculants. Demonstrated experience with the following will be required:
- · International experience leading and implementing a go-to-market marketing and communications strategy including message development and continuous testing
· Understanding of the cultural, language, and information consumption dynamics in key markets across Asia, Europe, Africa, and the Middle East
· Digital Marketing including display, digital video/audio, SEM/PPC and paid social media specific to each geography
· Web content and SEO
· Email marketing, including experience managing a marketing automation platform
· Video production
· Creation and repurposing of content for use across multiple platforms
· Writing and copy editing in English for key markets, and translation into other languages
· Earned media/public relations and internal communications
· Higher education recruitment and admissions, outreach and engagement
· Informed decision making through use of data, insights, A/B testing, and other models for injecting evidence though all decision-making processes
· Complex budget management
· Spokesperson for company on various topics
· Growing and mentoring staff, attracting and retaining talented individuals
· Managing complicated projects with numerous stakeholders
· Bachelor’s Degree required, ideally in Marketing, Media, or related level of experience. Master’s Degree is preferred.
· Experience working in global markets is required
· Higher education experience is a plus including understanding of education industry rules and regulations pertaining to advertising, marketing, and communications
Work Environment/Physical Demands
· This role is performed in a positive, creative and collaborative environment.
· This role requires engagement with colleagues across multiple time-zones, and as such is performed outside of core working hours on occasion.
· Office location: Dubai
Hours and Travel
· Travel will be required on occasion to the New York, Grenada, India, Africa, UK, Asia to implement strategic initiatives in the international market.
· We believe there will be a total of 6-8 trips per annum, depending on the requirements of each market.
To apply for this job please visit sgu.csod.com.