Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
Director of Banquets – Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. At Four Seasons, we believe in recognizing a familiar face, welcoming a new one and treating everyone we meet the way we would want to be treated ourselves.
Whether you work with us, stay with us, live with us or discover with us, we believe our purpose is to create impressions that will stay with you for a lifetime. It comes from our belief that life is richer when we truly connect to the people and the world around us.
- Job Title & Level: Director of Banquets
- Reports to: Director of Food &Beverage
Director of Banquets – Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Director of Banquets. Manage events start to finish – high-end social events and weddings.
- Select, train, evaluate, lead, motivate, coach, and discipline all employees, within the Resort’s Banquet Department to ensure that established cultural and core standards are met; long-range strategic planning for outlet operation.
- To be visible in the operation, provide recognition, promote good public relations, and handle complaints, concerns or special requests for guests, clients, and group contacts.
- Coordinate set-up requirements for hotel and off-site functions according to the banquet event order, communicate directly with group contacts, Catering Managers, and Conference Services Managers to ensure that all details of the function are carried out, ensure quality and timeliness of all food items, as well as provide knowledge of food and beverage in an elegantly appointed environment dedicated to an attentive and distinctive experience.
- The ability to work closely with the Director of Food & Beverage, Executive Chef, Banquet Chef and Catering Team to design a menu and Beverage list while ensuring excellent product quality at a fair price and attend regular operational meetings to ensure effective coordination and cooperation between departments.
- Control labor and operating expenses through effective scheduling, budgeting, purchasing decisions, and inventory and cash control.
- Director of Banquets. The ability to post all contracted function sheets and gives instructions to Assistants, Captains, or staff to insure the success of the function.
- The ability to assume responsibility for shift supervisory duties on a regular basis, especially with VIP and “at cost” functions.
- The ability to directly oversee the actual set up and service of contracted functions by giving specific menu information to the servers, by coordinating the timing of the dinner with the Banquet Chef and by assigning functions to the Captains to insure their success.
- Observe physical condition of facilities and equipment in the banquet area and make recommendations for corrections and improvements as needed.
- Director of Banquets. Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
Director of Banquets.Five to seven years previous experience in a management level position in Banquets or other Food & Beverage restaurants.
Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
Strong Leadership & Organizational Skills Required
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Leisure, Travel & Tourism
- Customer Service
Director of Banquets
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.