Director of Engineering – Doha, Qatar.They will be responsible for hiring, training, and coaching the engineering team in Qatar.
Founded in 1967, is a leading global provider of high-performance rechargeable power solutions including custom battery packs, battery chargers and docking stations, power supplies and electromechanical assemblies for a wide variety of markets including commercial, industrial, military/government and medical.
Director of Engineering – Doha, Qatar
With headquarters in Illinois and manufacturing facilities in the United States, Brazil, China, Malaysia, Qatar, and Mexico, Inventus Power combines decades of technology expertise with innovative and flexible engineering, testing, qualification, and manufacturing capabilities to meet any power challenge.
The Director of Engineering – Qatar will oversee the entire development process of batteries, chargers, and power supplies. He/she will be responsible for all aspects of the engineering functions from concept to qualification.
They will manage a multi-discipline team consisting of electrical, mechanical, software, system, validation, and regulatory engineers. They will work closely with the overseas design center, to ensure the Qatar Engineering Team is in sync with the organization’s design philosophies, technologies, and capabilities.
They will be responsible for hiring, training, and coaching the engineering team in Qatar. They will plan and direct all aspects of engineering activities and projects within an organization. They will ensure all engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with organization’s established policies and objectives.
They will utilize best practices in engineering methods and provide expert technical guidance for engineering initiatives. Additionally, they will incorporate components, materials, and tools that result in cost-effective and quality output.
Director of Engineering. Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the development of power products (lithium ion batteries, power supplies, and chargers). Have great understanding of battery BMS, lithium cell characteristics, mechanical packaging, and regulatory requirements for lithium battery. Perform worst case circuit analysis.
- Work with Sales and Business Development team to work on new proposals to win new business in the area.
- Work cross-functionally with partner technology and business teams to get products developed and shipped.
- Lead complex projects, form the team, create the plan, monitor and track KPI progress, manage risk, and make necessary course corrections to deliver desired results. Oversee/guide other’s project management activities. Advise/update all key stakeholders.
- Grow the organization and ensure that the right culture, processes, and technology investments are in place for future product launches
- Construct prototypes; evaluate and document their performance; identify possible improvements.
- Leads the resolution of critical customer issues and determination of root causes.
- Build relationship with local universities, research institutes, and other companies to collaborate on projects.
- Build, manage performance, mentor, inspire, and retain engineering team
- Prepare technical reports.
- Establish a culture of learning, openness, and accountability.
- Performs any additional related duties as assigned.
Director of Engineering
- Engineering Degree. Masters in Electrical Engineering Preferred
- 10+ Years in engineering industry. 3+ years in developing lithium battery products
- 3+ Years managing direct reports (preferred)
- Must have a strong understanding of digital and analog circuitry.
- Must be able to read electrical schematics.
- Strong quantitative, design, analytical, and problem-solving skills required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products required.
- Fluent in English
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time Worldwide.
Director of Engineering. Seniority Level
- Electrical & Electronic Manufacturing
Director of Engineering – Doha, Qatar
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.