Energy Project Engineer II – Remote – Atlanta, United States. As a Project Engineer (PE) you will have the primary responsibility to perform energy engineering duties for complex mechanical and EMS systems at large federal, commercial, and institutional facilities.
As a division of Southland Industries (www.southlandind.com), Southland Energy is a comprehensive energy services firm with roots in one of the nation’s leading MEP building systems groups.
With the ability to self-perform energy services work through our distinctive design-build-operate-maintain expertise, we work with our customers to increase efficiency, reduce utility consumption, and lower overall energy costs.
Energy Project Engineer II – Remote – Atlanta, United States
Using various creative financing options, our certified energy professionals deliver guaranteed performance-based solutions that sustainably improve your facility’s bottom line (www.southlandindenergy.com).
Energy Project Engineer II. Position Summary:
As a Project Engineer (PE) you will have the primary responsibility to perform energy engineering duties for complex mechanical and EMS systems at large federal, commercial, and institutional facilities.
This includes participating in the design of all measures included in Energy based construction projects as well as providing constructability reviews and QA/QC of field installation work on of a wide variety of energy of conservation measures.
As the Project Engineer your project territory will be the Southeast region of the US- potentially Texas to the Carolinas and areas South of Virginia.
Energy Project Engineer II. Why Southland Energy?
As a privately held Energy Service Company, our team here at Southland Energy has the autonomy and ability to provide our clients a service that fits THEM.
Not only do our clients expereience world-class service, but our employees experience a work structure that encourages them to be innovative and collaborative with high level exposure to senior leaders and extensive career progression.
If you’re ready to own your success and be a part of an industry changing team, then Southland Energy is for you!
What you will do:
- Supports project teams as a technical resource from design through implementation
- Help with the technical transition from development to booked project status
- Communicates scope and scope changes to subcontractors/trade partners
- Assists in managing design subconsultants
- Estimates the impact of complex project changes
- Work with Project management to estimate complex change orders
- Assist in subcontractor submittal reviews
- Assembles complete submittal packages and other required project documentation information
- Assist project team with equipment and materials and services procurement; and selection and hiring of subcontractors
- Analyzes and resolves more complex project-related technical questions and problems as needed
- Assists with project QA/QC and design reviews of a wide variety of energy of conservation measures
- Manages field commissioning
- Manages as-built, O&M manuals, Project closeout documentation
- Mentors less-experienced co-workers
Energy Project Engineer II
What you will need to be successful:
- Four-year degree in Engineering, or applicable experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience
- In-depth knowledge of applicable design and installation of HVAC, Electrical, plumbing, and
- Ability to read mechanical electrical, EMCS and plumbing plans
- Ability to understand and/or write detailed sequences of operation for mechanical systems
- Ability to analyze EMCS trends to confirm proper system operation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including CADD and Microsoft Office Products, such as Excel
- Project Management
For Energy Project Engineer II in Atlanta, Georgia, United States at Southland Industries
- Medical insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- Disability insurance
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.