Website NASA - National Aeronautics and Space Administration NASA - National Aeronautics and Space Administration
NASA - National Aeronautics and Space Administration
Engineer Project Manager – USA. NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Range and Mission Management Office is looking for a highly skilled individual to serve as a Project Manager.
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Range and Mission Management Office is looking for a highly skilled individual to serve as a Project Manager. You will plan, manage, develop, coordinate, and direct aerospace flight vehicle missions and associated engineering and operational activities, including launch and landing operations.
Engineer Project Manager. Responsibilities
- Plan, manage, develop, coordinate, and direct aerospace flight vehicle missions and associated engineering and operational activities.
- Manage significant elements or phases of complex projects with three or more subsystems, services, capabilities, or products that support major function, programs, or projects.
- Responsible for handling difficult and complex technical, project management, and organizational problems by guiding and coordinating the work of subordinates, secondary, and matrixed resources engaged in the mission and functions of the organization
- Plan and coordinate the efforts of teams of engineers for complex systems and procedural development by developing new methods and applying extensive technical knowledge on operational impact and design of propose vehicles and/or system operations.
- Provide authoritative technical advice to senior management and key officials within the Agency and to external organizations.
- Perform analysis of project progress and status, while also evaluating the results in relation to mission objectives.
- Manage the planning, directions, coordination, integration, scheduling, and conduct of operations for projects.
- Provide expertise on cost, risk, services, safety processes, and unique mission requirements. Prepare operational plans, mission directives, procedures, contingency plans, and support plans.
- Develop plans for payload support services, facilities, equipment, and interface verification, consult with management on operational and planning issues, be representative on government agreements and committees.
Occasional travel – Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties
Job family (Series)
RequirementsConditions of Employment
- A one-year probationary period may be required
- Position subject to pre-employment background investigation
- Selectee must complete a financial disclosure statement
- This is a drug-testing designated position
- Must be able to successfully obtain/maintain Top Secret/SCI security clearance
If you’re looking new job opportunities that offer relocation and high
salaries around the world check it out on our website Jobzey.com
Engineer Project Manager. Qualifications
In addition to the Basic Education Requirement, you must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade, which has equipped you with the particular competencies needed to successfully perform the duties of the position described above.
To Qualify For The GS-13
You must have one year of professional, directly related specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level managing complex projects for aerospace vehicles, subsystems, instruments, capabilities, and products; providing expert technical advise on the development of spaceflight operations, concepts, integration, and scheduling; developing, preparing, and executing program operational plans, tests, and launch processes; developing new tools, methods, techniques, or systems to support aerospace projects or operational missions.
To Qualify For The GS-14
You must have one year of professional, directly related specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 level managing complex projects for aerospace vehicles, subsystems, instruments, capabilities, and products; providing expert technical advise on the development of spaceflight operations, concepts, integration, and scheduling; developing, preparing, and executing program operational plans, tests, and launch processes; developing new tools, methods, techniques, or systems to support aerospace projects or operational missions.
In order to qualify for this position you must meet Basic Education Requirement
You must have successfully completed an undergraduate or graduate degree with a major in either a) engineering from a college or university that has ABET accredited engineering programs or b) Physical Science, Mathematics, Life Science, Computer Science*, Other fields of science.
Note: Curriculum must include 30 semester hours of course work in a combination of mathematics, statistics and computer science. Of the 30 semester hours, 15 must be in any combination of statistics and mathematics which includes differential and integral calculus.
The degree must have been received in the year of, or any year subsequent to the original date of accreditation. To find out if a school has an ABET accreditation, go to
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
Engineer Project Manager. Required
If the required information is not provided you will be disqualified from consideration
Applicants MUST list the following REQUIRED information on submitted resume to assist with determining if the basic education requirements for this position have been met.
- College/University Name
- Degree/Level Attained
- Completion date
- Related Coursework (optional)
- GPA (optional)
The accreditation, type of degree, and course work taken will determine if the basic education requirement is met.
- Additional information
- This position is announced under Direct Hire authority. Recruitment for this position will follow guidelines established by the Office of Personnel Management for use of Direct Hire authority.
Engineer Project Manager
If You Have Special Priority Selection Rights Under The Agency Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) Or The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP), You Must
- Indicate your eligibility when applying for a position. The USAJOBS resume asks you to identify your ICTAP eligibility; the NASA Supplemental Information asks you to identify your CTAP eligibility.
- Be well qualified for this position to receive consideration. See ‘How You Will Be Evaluated’ for NASA’s definition of well qualified.
- Be prepared to submit proof that you meet the requirements for CTAP/ICTAP. This includes copies of your agency notice, most recent Performance Rating and most recent Notification of Personnel Action (SF-50) noting current position, grade level, and duty location.
- As identical vacancies are identified, additional selections may be made.
- You must meet qualifications requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
- At NASA each organization is free to establish telework procedures that are compatible with mission requirements, while offering employees some options for work/life balance. Specific telework request will need to be approved by the immediate supervisor.
- How You Will Be Evaluated
- You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
- This position is announced under Direct Hire authority. A Human Resources Specialist will review your resume to determine if you meet the qualifications and eligibility requirements as listed in ‘Requirements’.
Engineer Project Manager
Based On The Competencies You Match, You Are Placed In One Of Three Categories Identified As 90, 80, Or 70 Point Quality Categories, Which Are Defined As
- CTAP and ICTAP candidates will be assessed using NASA STARS, an automated system that matches the competencies extracted from your resume to the competencies identified by the selecting official for the position.
- 90 pt. Category – Tentatively meets (until subsequent confirmation upon referral) the basic qualification requirements identified in the vacancy announcement and has experience in the same or similar job that has demonstrated superior proficiency in the primary requirements of the position.
- 80 pt. Category – Tentatively meets (until subsequent confirmation upon referral) the basic qualification requirements identified in the vacancy announcement and demonstrates satisfactory proficiency in the primary requirements of the position.
- 70 pt. Category – Fails to meet criteria described in the 80 pt. category.
- For the purpose of the CTAP and ICTAP, candidates rated in the top quality (90 pt.) category are considered well-qualified.
- Background checks and security clearance
- Security clearance
- Drug test required
Engineer Project Manager
If you are a first time applicant, we recommend that you review NASA’s
Agency contact information
NASA Staffing Services
NASA’s Resume Operations Center
4200 Rideout Road, Mailstop HS50
Marshall Space Flight Center, AL 35812
If you are found to meet the qualification and eligibility requirements, you will be referred to the selecting official for further consideration. (In some cases, individuals with priority for special consideration must be considered and selected before other candidates.)
Whether or not you are contacted for an interview depends upon the location of the position and the judgment of the selecting official. At NASA, we pride ourselves on efficient and timely recruitment actions, and you can normally expect to learn the outcome of the selection process in a fairly short period of time.
In addition, to ensure that you can measure progress for yourself, NASA provides you with regularly updated information on the status of the vacancy announcement.
- Fair & TransparentThe Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.Equal Employment Opportunity PolicyThe United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.Reasonable Accommodation PolicyFederal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement.
- For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis. #Engineer Project Manager
LOOKING for a JOB? Follow me.
Let’s help each other out! “We cannot help everyone, but everyone can help someone.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.