Firmware Engineer, Energy Storage – Finland. We are looking for a software engineer to join our Energy Storage team based in our offices in Le Lieu/Switzerland or in Espoo/Finland.
This role can be performed from Espoo, Finland or Le Lieu, Switzerland.
Firmware Engineer, Energy Storage – Finland
Firmware Engineer, Energy Storage. Primary Function
We are looking for a software engineer to join our Energy Storage team based in our offices in Le Lieu/Switzerland or in Espoo/Finland.
The team is currently developing several platforms and innovative solutions which will contribute in enabling our Clients using power more efficiently.
A critical aspect of success is having firmware and software capable to manage the various aspects of the solution and interface correctly with utility requirements.
You will be working in a fast-moving environment and will need to adapt quickly to a fast paced and changing environment.
We are looking for a curious professional who will show great sense of initiative working on storage technology and software development.
You will develop the SW that will control storage system at MW scale but also smaller system.
Firmware Engineer, Energy Storage. Essential Functions
- Designs and develops SW solutions for customer’s problems.
- Reviews designs and implementations of others.
- Implements products matching the specifications.
- Executes maintenance and evolution of Eaton Energy Storage offering.
- Design and implementation of tailored solution for specific customers.
- Contributes to achieving planning objectives.
- Contributes to validation plan definition.
- Respects Eaton quality process.
Firmware Engineer, Energy Storage. Qualifications
- Education: Engineer, M.S. or bachelor
- Good knowledge and experience in
- programming languages (C, embedded C)
- Fieldbuses: CAN, Modbus,
- PLC programming (i.e. Codesys)
- Linux and operating systems in general
- Following specialties are nice to have
- Experience with version control systems like Git and SVN
- Other languages (shell, Perl, Python, …)
- Own SW/HW projects experience
- Experience in embedded development using buildroot or similar tool
- Problem solving oriented, “self-learner” attitude, autonomous, passion for innovation and curious about Smart Grid and Storage technology
- Knowledge/experience of electronics/power electronics and HW development boards (e.g. Raspberry Pi or equivalent) appreciated
- Ability to work in agile team
- Analytical skills for problem solving with focus on simple solutions
- Good English written & oral communications skills
- Good presentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Nice to have: French or Finnish communication skills (depending on the location)
- We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common.
- It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable.
- Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody.
- We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Firmware Engineer, Energy Storage
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: PQED Power Quality Division EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Electrical & Electronic Manufacturing
- Aviation & Aerospace
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.