Full-stack software engineer -Remote. Experience with any or all of the following technologies: Node.js, React, TypeScript
Container Shipping: An industry with huge potential to make a difference. 90% of all goods globally are transported through a container. The largest container vessels are 400 meters long and can transport 20,000 containers at a time. The container shipping industry is the backbone and enabler of global trade, but it is struggling.
At its core the industry is fundamentally inefficient: 50% of all container vessels globally are delayed coming into port, and key planning processes are done manually on a global scale. This leads to high operational costs, lost revenue, and unnecessarily high greenhouse gas emissions. At Portchain, we work with our customers to reduce operational complexity and optimize planning through software and cutting-edge analytics.
Join Jobzey.com for more job opportunities.
Full-stack software engineer -Remote. The role
Portchain is seeking a talented Full Stack Software Engineer to join our software engineering team that uses data, mathematical modeling, machine learning, and optimization to help our users get full transparency on their operations and make better decisions.
You will work with the development team to build advanced features into our products and ensure these are robust and reliable for use in live operations.
Portchain is an exciting fast-growth company where you will work with an incredible team on applications with a truly global impact.
If you’re looking new job opportunities that offer relocation and high
salaries around the world check it out on our website Jobzey.com
Full-stack software engineer -Remote. Tasks and Responsibilities
- Lead the implementation of end-to-end features from specifications and designs
- Problem solve architectural decisions with the team
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications
- Maintain code integrity and organization
- Understand and follow security and data protection best practices
Full-stack software engineer -Remote. Role Requirements
- 5 years minimum of professional experience in Software Engineering
- Demonstrated excellent knowledge of technology across several domains
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills paired with the ability to develop creative and efficient solutions
- Proficiency in automated unit and integration tests
- A track record of successfully working remotely
- A deep understanding that we always have to navigate between the immediate impact of a feature and the technical debt incurred by its implementation. You are able to carefully weigh the pros and cons and make a choice in favour of the company and the team
- Comfortable with rapid changes common in early-stage product development
- Energized by complex problem solving and ability to think out of the box
Full-stack software engineer -Remote. Bonus skills
- Experience with any or all of the following technologies: Node.js, React, TypeScript
- Experience with building B2B and consumer quality products, enabling business capability and objectives through technology
Portchain (www.portchain.com) is a Danish startup founded in 2017 by three McKinsey alums with the ambition to solve the hardest planning problems in container shipping through software and industrial analytics. We apply cutting-edge machine learning and optimization through an industry-leading customer experience to container carriers and terminals to optimize their key planning processes and create a step-change in productivity.
Portchain’s customers include several global top-5 companies, served by our quickly growing 22 people strong international team. In addition, Portchain has closed a multi-million dollar seed round together with prominent investors, and have received several prestigious grants e.g., from the Danish government’s Innovation Fund and the European Union’s Horizon 2020 programme.
Want to join the team?
LOOKING for a JOB? Follow me. Not because I am an Influencer but because I sincerely care. I want to bring change to the recruiting process.
Even if one person gets a job, I would be the happiest person. Job searching is emotionally draining. No one should have to go through this alone.
I think everyone should support jobseekers’ posts. It takes a second, but may change someone’s life. LinkedIn isn’t only about entertainment. It’s about networking.
Let’s help each other out! “We cannot help everyone, but everyone can help someone. More: New-Opportunities
To apply for this job please visit www.portchain.com.