Graduate Software Engineer – Budapest, HU
You’ll receive a competitive package including generous stock options and private healthcare amongst other benefits.
Graduate Software Engineer . Your Mission
- Work within one of our feature teams who look at specific areas of TransferWise (e.g. Borderless accounts, our payment cards, the transfer experience) to figure out how best to improve our product for our customers through new features and capabilities that will be used globally
- Help us to further integrate with a variety of financial partners and providers around the world to so that more customers can send money across borders, with minimum fuss and maximum confidence
- As we grow our users and transaction volumes to reach new markets, our architecture needs to grow too. You’ll help us to make TransferWise faster, more convenient and scalable
Graduate Software Engineer . This Role Will Give You The Opportunity To
- Choose your own path to success – you’ll have the freedom to define the vision and the responsibility for making it happen
- Be flexible in how and where you work, we understand everyone needs a little something different so we’ll do our best to make it happen
- Work together and travel to work with our teams in Singapore and Tallinn as well as meet various partners and organisations when needed
- Inspire teams with your ideas, knowledge and self-starting attitude
Graduate Software Engineer . You Have
A bit about you:
- Strong interest in web development
- Worked on a side project(s) that you are proud to present
- Motivation to become a developer with a product mindset not just a coder
- Good written and verbal communication in English
Graduate Software Engineer . You Are
- A 2019 or 2020 graduate of a Bachelor’s (or Master’s) degree program in Information Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics or related programs
- Curious and proactive by nature
- A teamplayer
- Eligible to work in Hungary
Graduate Software Engineer . How We Work
At TransferWise, we do things a bit differently. There’s no corporate nonsense and no old-fashioned hierarchy. Instead, we work in dozens of self-sufficient, autonomous teams. Think of them like start-ups within a start-up that learn from each other.
Each team picks the problems they want to solve. So there’s no micro-management. No hiding behind fancy job titles. And no one telling you what to do. You are your own boss. But you’ll get tons of guidance and plenty of support from talented, super-smart colleagues from all over TransferWise.
We’re going to be upfront – the way we work doesn’t suit everyone. But if freedom, autonomy, and life-affirming, head-scratching professional challenges rock your world, we could be a match made in heaven.
The team follows Agile methodologies to approach and solve customers’ problems via
development of impactful functions, automate processes and measure results. We are moving fast and sometimes break things, but we learn from mistakes without blame or drama.
You’ll work together with teams in Tallinn, Budapest, London, New York, Singapore, etc.
For a sneak – peek into our Engineering culture, check: http://tech.transferwise.com/
- Information Technology & Services
- Financial Services
- Information Technology
- Product Management
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.