- Kuwait City, Kuwait
- Salary: $75.000
Head Of Business Development – Kuwait. Work closely with the CCM – Kuwait and CIBO to formulate and implement strategic business growth plans for the Kuwait Branch.
Head Of Business Development
1. Role Objective
The Business Head – Kuwait Branch will have the overall responsibility of providing superior client experience, promoting Doha Bank corporate / SME / retail products and services in Kuwait to meet sales and business growth objectives. The job holder will formulate and implement region specific business planning efforts /strategies based on local market trends in close coordination with the CCM – Kuwait / CIBO. The incumbent will monitor the team to ensure adherence with operational controls/ applicable laws and regulations, and in the achievement of goal/targets.
2. Detailed Roles and Responsibilities:
Head Of Business Development. STRATEGIC
· Work closely with the CCM – Kuwait and CIBO to formulate and implement strategic business growth plans for the Kuwait Branch.
· Update self on the current industry trends, economic events, regulatory requirements/changes set by the CBK and other relevant government bodies, and, inform the HO functions, and implement adequate changes in the branch, in close coordination with the CCM/CIBO, including but not limited to country specific deliverables, staffing of employees etc.
· Develop and maintain robust working relationships with internal/external stakeholders to facilitate and capitalize on functional / operational/ strategic needs.
· Support the implementation of India Desk business plans in line with the Doha Bank’s strategic business objectives.
· Represent Doha Bank at internal / external events/meetings, conferences etc., as directed by the CCM/CIBO, ensuring optimization of business opportunities.
· Develop the marketing and sales strategies of the branch in coordination with the CCM – Kuwait/ CIBO and Department Head Segments, Products and Marketing Analytics with a focus on growing the business volume, customer base and income.
If you’re looking new job opportunities that offer relocation and high
salaries around the world check it out on our website Jobzey.com
Head Of Business Development. OPERATIONAL
- Support the CCM – Kuwait in formulating policies and procedures for corporate / SME / retail banking in line with Bank’s credit policy and directives of the Central Bank of Kuwait.
- Review, refine and authorize Corporate / SME / retail banking credit applications from Relationship Managers / branch Managers (as applicable) prior to submission to Risk Management function.
- Manage corporate / SME / retail loan books within parameters provided by Risk Management Committee
- Contribute towards the development of new corporate / SME / retail products to maximize market share, revenues and profits in chosen segments, in line with the regulatory guidelines.
- Monitor critical portfolio caps at required intervals, enabling the management to formulate / execute remedial action to uphold the quality of the retail/ corporate portfolio.
- Oversee the retail sales volume targets of the branch, measurement of customer attrition, and ensure implementation of customer retention strategies.
Head Of Business Development – Kuwait.
- Guide the team in generation of new business, primarily HNI and NRI customers, guide them on the product portfolios, and suggest propositions to augment earnings on investments.
- Manage and guide the team w.r.t. NRI business development activities, in close coordination with the India Desk team within IBG function.
- Contribute towards the development and implementation of “early warning systems” that highlight possible deterioration in the corporate / SME / retail assets portfolio for initiating timely corrective action.
- Liaise with the CCM-Kuwait and branch business team in identifying potential opportunities for Corporate, Commercial, Treasury, Structured Trade, Commodity Finance, Payment and Retail Products to qualified retail / corporate customers.
- Lead the benchmarking process to determine the Bank’s standing vis-à-vis its competitors and give the Bank a competitive edge with respect to corporate / retail products.
- Support the CCM – Kuwait to formulate annual business estimates including product revenue, promotional plans and operational expenditure.
- Ensure that regional revenue and profitability targets are met through effective management of relations with the respective internal / external stakeholders’, and control of office expenditure budget.
- Guide the team in effective corporate / SME / retail account relationship management to optimize customer acquisition, retention and wallet share through provision of customized banking solutions.
- Oversee to ensure that staff within the branch focus on prompt delivery of service requests, within the approved SLAs.
- Contribute towards the implementation of various audit / compliance and procedural control measures within the branch, in close liaison with the Head of Support and CCM – Kuwait.
- Initiate bilateral funding and marketing opportunities from the market in consultation with Treasury/ lBG and capitalize on marketing Treasury & Investment products.
- Manage the marketing efforts pertaining to new / existing corporate / SME / retail products/services, including but not limited to planning, coordination and execution of campaigns, and other visibility efforts to expand business opportunities, in liaison with the internal stakeholders.
- Analyze market intelligence, to develop business opportunities, market appetite for specific endeavors and track the risk/ returns from the corporate / retail credit facilities.
- Assign and guide the branch staff in achievement of monthly budget/targets, in close liaison with the CCM, and review month end performance comparison analysis/ profitability for management reporting.
- Formulate business plans to increase the penetration of existing client relationships, strengthen and enhance overall client retention pertaining to the branch.
- Contribute towards and manage the roll-out of corporate / SME / retail Banking products and services in the branch, furthering overall business growth and expansion plans/efforts.
Head Of Business Development – Kuwait.
· Guide the team in managing existing/ new products, and in providing effective banking services to corporate / SME / retail customer base.
· Guide the team in establishing and developing relationships with the respective internal / external stakeholders to capitalize on up-sell and cross-sell opportunities in terms of corporate / SME / retail products and services.
- Perform continuous review to ensure that the branch is sufficiently staffed and report on resource requirements in terms of recruitment/training/re-arrangement etc., in line with projected plans on account of section deliverables.
- Monitor the overall performance of the business activities pertaining to Kuwait branch & report periodic/ ad-hoc management / audit reports and deviations to the CCM – Kuwait branch on a timely basis.
- Maintain highest standards of confidentiality, professional conduct, ethics and integrity in the provision of services in the unit.
Head Of Business Development. PEOPLE MANAGEMENT
· Supervise direct reportees in their day-to-day tasks and guide them in managing their performance by providing appropriate feedback and counseling. Suggest recommendations on hiring and promotions to the Chief Country manager, as applicable.
· Perform final interview of candidates sourced for the different business units within the branch, in accordance with the job specifications/requirements.
· Allocate work deliverables, and, support employees in efficient operations of day-to-day tasks and provide constructive and timely feedback to enhance performance.
· Support the employees of business units within the branch for setting career goals, in alignment with the department and organizational objectives.
· Assess performance and learning needs of the staff and impart adequate training/coaching, as appropriate.
· Conduct periodic performance reviews and annual appraisal activities for the direct reportees, and oversee performance management process pertaining to employees.
Work closely with the HR Operations team in implementing corrective actions/disciplinary procedures on account of employee nonconformance with the policies/procedures/ performance goals.
1. Educational Qualifications:
· University graduate with a degree in Business or Banking or Finance or any other related discipline.
· Master’s degree in Management any other related discipline will be an added advantage.
2. Head Of Business Development – Kuwait. Experience: ·
13-15 years’ experience.
· Experience in corporate / SME/ retail banking in a management capacity with a strong understanding of the regional / global banking industry.
- Business Development
LOOKING for a JOB? Follow me.
Let’s help each other out! “We cannot help everyone, but everyone can help someone.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.