Head of Engineering -Luxembourg. About this job
Head of Engineering -Luxembourg. Job description
Curious about the technologies powering one of the most visited websites in the world currently ranking in top 35 in Alexa, with 45 million users, 2,000 servers and 6 data centers and a diverse working environment with over 30 nationalities? Livejasmin.com has become a reference in the live streaming industry. Wait no longer to see the career that Docler can bring you at our headquarter in Luxembourg.
This position reports directly to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) in Luxembourg and is responsible for the management and coordination of the team in Luxembourg. This is a crucial role not just within the Development Team, but within the wider business and therefore you require excellent communication and management skills.
If technical improvements, personal development, and the opportunity to grow with a fast-moving company inspires you, then you are the profile we would like to meet.
With us, you will…
- Collaborate with the CTO and Chief Product Owner to ensure that all systems satisfy organisational quality standards
- Prepare technical roadmaps and implement these within the team
- Manage a team of technical managers in Luxembourg
- Lead, manage and grow the team and improve their performance and technical competencies
- You will ensure that your team works diligently and consistently, through constant communication with the lead developers and Engineering Managers
- Manage, optimise and report on the company’s technical requirements
- Continuously develop, maintain and update the company’s technical rules, guidelines and processes
- Coordinate the on-call duty system
- Any other tasks assigned by the CEO
Join Jobzey for more job opportunities.
Head of Engineering. What we expect from you…
- 5+ years of software technical management, managing a minimum of 50 staff
- Experience with Live Streaming, Live Cam or Social Media platform is a plus
- Experience with Mobile Website and Native Mobile App development
- Significant knowledge of client/server and internet systems architectures
- Understanding software design, OOP principles (Design patterns, SOLID, DRY, Yagni)
- Understanding architectural patterns, event-based architectures
- Experience with backend technologies, such as: PHP, Node.JS, MySQL, MSSQL, MongoDB, Memcache, Redis, RabbitMQ, FMS, other distributed and in-house built systems
- Experience with frontend technologies, such as: HTML5, CSS3, ReactJS, SPA development, WebSocket
- Experience with live streaming, such as: HLS, Media Source Extension, Wowza, Adobe Media Servers
- Experience with iOS and/or Android development; CI/CD pipelines; high-availability, high-performance, scalable systems; high traffic systems (45 million daily visitors), multi DC, distributed systems; responsive design, multi-platform technologies (PC/mobile/table/TV)
In return, you will get…
- An attractive salary package that matches your role and responsibilities.
- Relocation package and possibility of moving assistance by a relocation agency
- Multicultural team with 30+ nationalities
- Creative office with chill rooms located in A prestigious area of Kirchberg.
- Private health insurance, meal vouchers, additional holidays based on length of employment, daily fruits, tea, coffee, and vitamins
LOOKING for a JOB? Follow me.
Let’s help each other out! “We cannot help everyone, but everyone can help someone.
More: New Opportunities
To apply for this job please visit jobs.doclerholding.com.