Head of Legal Compliance – Doha, Qatar. Develops and implements the Compliance and Legal Policies and Procedures for QFB in close coordination with the executive management and in strategic alignment with the overall business objectives and international standards
Head of Legal Compliance – Doha, Qatar
Responsible for the implementation of the Compliance Policy and providing oversight and management of the compliance program to ensure that the compliance programs throughout the Company are effective and efficient in identifying, preventing, detecting, and correcting noncompliance with financial crime risks and applicable laws and regulations.
In addition to providing advisory services to all business units on all legal matters, including corporate structures, follow up on key contractual arrangements. Manages the legal function and ensures the organization’s compliance with regulatory and legal requirements.
Ensure the effective application of Corporate Governance in accordance with the corporate governance framework.
Head of Legal Compliance
- Develops and implements the Compliance and Legal Policies and Procedures for QFB in close coordination with the executive management and in strategic alignment with the overall business objectives and international standards
- Manage and coordinate the implementation of the Compliance Policy across all divisions; ensuring the objectives and vision of the Compliance Program are met.
- Collaborates with other departments (e.g. Risk Management, Internal Audit, etc) to direct compliance/legal issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution. Consults with the General Counsel as needed to resolve difficult legal compliance issues
- Plan, manage and conduct risk assessments and process reviews, as well as recommend and assist in implementing changes as a result of such assessments/reviews.
- Develop and manage the compliance monitoring framework;
- Enhance, manage, and communicate the risk-based approach to identifying and escalation of risks, as well as the assessment of the impact on operations, to ensure any risks and issues are resolved promptly and effectively.
- Prioritize projects based on a timeline, cost/benefit considerations, and capacity.
- Identify and highlight critical high-risk areas within the QFB’s compliance and legal framework which require immediate action to resolve.
- Act as the company secretary to manage all board and committee meeting logistics, attend and record minutes of all board and committee meetings, & facilitate board communications
Head of Legal Compliance
- Plans, revises and approves the financial budget for Compliance and Legal activities in close coordination with the executive management.
- Ensures quality services are being offered by external consultants at acceptable rates
- Envisages measures to cut costs and improve productivity in the department.
Head of Legal Compliance
- Lead and direct other staff
- Coach and train direct subordinate to develop their skills
- Monitor day-to-day management of staff; such as work allocation
- Prepare annual formal performance appraisal for all direct subordinates
- Establish performance measures, annual and long-term goals for all direct subordinates and review each individual’s performance periodically
Head of Legal Compliance.. Key Performance Indicators
- Compliance to Regulatory requirements
- Overall contribution to QFB’s strategic direction
- Timeliness and accuracy of legal activities
- Number of audit Findings
Head of Legal Compliance. Core Principals & Competencies
- Due skill, care, and diligence
- Market conduct
- Open and cooperative relations with Regulatory Authority
- Appropriate priority for management and compliance
Head of Legal Compliance. Candidate Requirements
- 10 to 15 years in financial services experience 5 -10 years of legal & compliance experience with international coverage
- Professional compliance accreditations
- Islamic finance experience preferred
- Outstanding achievements in the Compliance industry and other related fields (with recommendations).
- Experience with compliance, legal, sanctions monitoring reviews, and investigations.
- Experience in the field of operational risk analysis of money laundering and combating the financing of terrorism from an international, regional and local perspective
- In-depth understanding of statutory and legal compliance requirements
- Experience of working internationally, managing international assignments, managing internal audit function
- Experience working in the Middle East region is an advantage
- Excellent program management and project management skills. Fluent in written and spoken English. Arabic is a plus.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Experience in Management of the compliance team.
Head of Legal Compliance. Educational Qualifications:
- Graduate degree in Law, Business Management, Economy, Finance or Accounting preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in law from a recognized institution
Qatar First Bank LLC (Public), a leading Shari’ah compliant bank based in Qatar, offers investment opportunities and innovative financial solutions with local, regional, and international reach.
QFB, listed on the Qatar Stock Exchange, provides a wide range of Shari’ah compliant products and services including alternative investments focused on private equity and real estate, private banking and wealth management, corporate and institutional banking, as well as treasury and investments.
With a clear strategy, highly experienced team, and solid shareholder base, QFB is a trusted advisor for business customers which includes high-net-worth individuals, corporate and institutional clients, and a gateway to opportunities in Qatar, the region, and global markets.
Head of Legal Compliance. Vision
Our vision is to become a global leader in Shari’ah Compliant Banking by offering attractive investment opportunities and innovative financial solutions.
Head of Legal Compliance. Mission
Our mission is to offer high-net-worth individuals and corporates an attractive range of innovative Shari’ah Compliant financial products and services covering alternative investments focused on private equity and real estate, private banking and wealth management, corporate and institutional banking, as well as treasury and investments.
As a listed entity on the Qatar Stock Exchange, we will continue to enhance our role as a trusted advisor and gateway to opportunities in Qatar, the region, and global markets.
Our solid shareholder base and highly experienced team will enable us to capitalize on the growing demand for Shari’ah Compliant finance and provide a “Signature of Excellence” in our business, reflecting international best practices and operating with the highest standards of governance and integrity.
We will continually recruit and retain the best talent in the market place – ensuring a modern, meritocratic environment within which our employees can deliver the very best to clients, whilst advancing the Qatar National Vision 2030.
Our actions will always be in the best interests of our stakeholders and the communities in which we operate.
Our values, “The Five Ps”, were crafted to build a culture that will continually evolve by believing that our success is dependent upon understanding the changing needs of stakeholders. QFB is a reflection of “The Five Ps”:
Head of Legal Compliance. Principled
- Committing to the highest standards of Shari’ah and governance principles, classified with a genuine professional approach.
- Providing banking and investment solutions with a unique perspective, while challenging the standards and exploring innovative opportunities.
- Offering tailored financial solutions with an individual approach, to meet the changing needs of shareholders and clients with high levels of confidentiality.
- Developing creative investment and banking propositions, services, and extras by adopting forward-thinking and groundbreaking methodologies.
- Maintaining long-term relationships with individual and institutional clients, while becoming the trusted advisor with international reach.
Head of Legal Compliance. Seniority Level
- Financial Services
- Investment Banking
- Investment Management
To apply for this job please visit smardart.com.