Health And Safety Officer – Dublin, Ireland . My Client is a well known Contract Cleaning Services Company based in Dublin.
The following position has become available.
Position: Health & Safety Officer
Role: Full Time
This role will support the overall Company needs in respect to Health & Safety in our growing workplace. This individual will be part of the Management Team, working closely with Managers across a number of divisions and departments and will ensure the highest level of H&S compliance in line with ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO45001.
Health And Safety Officer – Dublin, Ireland
Health And Safety Officer . Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Management of H&S Management System on site to comply with legislation, company procedures and assist in the maintenance of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 AND OHSAS 18001 accreditation.
- Promote a positive H&S culture across the Company Network.
- Develop and review Method Statements, SDS Sheets and Risk Assessments.
- Ensure full compliance to Health & Safety requirements.
- Carry out Safety Inspections & Site Audits, report findings and conduct regular reviews
- Produce, review, update and maintain all Health & Safety documentation in line with best practise
- Provide advice and guidance in regard to all Health and Safety matters.
- Assist Company Supervisors and Managers with safety issues and concerns in a proactive manner
- Investigation and mitigation of potential hazards and resolution of any issues arising
- Delivering and completing statutory notifications to the HSA as necessary.
- Maintain required registers to ensure compliance with legislative requirements.
- Oversee & manage delivery of Toolbox Talks, safety inductions and other health and safety training
- Complete site-specific risk assessments as required.
- Reporting incidents & accidents to Company, managing active and potential claims
- Chair the Health and Safety Committee.
- Manage the close out of all regulatory audit actions.
- Provide input, guidance, expertise at management meetings to include strategic input.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships across the organisation with staff of all levels.
Health And Safety Officer. Personal Requirements:
- Recognised 3rd level qualification in Health & Safety. NEBOSH and/or IOSH qualification or similar required, minimum QQI level 8 required.
- Strong interpersonal skills, incl. verbal and written communication skills.
- Management level experience is desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of Irish Health & Safety legislation
- Knowledge and training in risk assessments required.
- Resilient with a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to gather and analyse information skilfully
- Ability to multi-task with strong problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility and willingness to learn.
- Tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to be proactive, use own initiative to manage & close work activities and work effectively within a pressurised environment.
- Understanding of and commitment to principles of confidentiality.
- Ability to work as part of a team, communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Full clean drivers license.
- Highly computer literate; MS Office suite is a requirement.
- Strong time management skills.
Health And Safety Officer . Other Features of the Role:
The hours per week are 37.5hr. The office is open 9am – 5pm and the successful candidate would manage their hours of work with flexibility to include site visits and limited travel within Ireland.
- Dependant on experience
- Company Vehicle
If interested please forward your CV in confidence to :
Director at ASF Recruitment,
112-114 St Stephen’s Green
Mobile: 086 2936109
- Events Services
- Facilities Services
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.