HR Specialist Jobs / Workplace Specialist- Melbourne, AU. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, and real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established and refined the leading AI platform for real-time events and risk detection.
COVID-19 Hiring Update–
Dataminr is still actively hiring.
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first,
we’re excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
This is an office-based role, but we will provide all the necessary support to work remotely until our offices reopen.
HR Specialist Jobs / Workplace Specialist. Who We Are
We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, and real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established and refined the leading AI platform for real-time events and risk detection.
We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events and emerging risks within an increasingly diverse and complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, and better crisis management.
Dataminr serves thousands of professionals in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, and actionable alerts to public and private sector organizations around the world.
We’ve grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices and raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, and have fun. Join us and help the world manage risk in real-time.
HR Specialist Jobs / Workplace Specialist. Who You Are
You are an experienced HR Generalist (who has also dabbled in recruiting) that is driven, dedicated and well versed in all areas of HR in a high growth company. In this role, your main responsibility will be HR operations, personnel support, and driving the Dataminr culture.
This will involve aligning closely with the global HR team and reporting to the UK office. Workplace tasks also will be a key part of this role, ensuring the smooth running of the office.
You’re thoughtful, agile and highly organized. You hold yourself to a high bar in every aspect of your job, whether it’s engaging with employees or balancing competing priorities. You’re extremely detail-oriented – nothing falls through the cracks under your watch.
You’re committed to creating the best possible employee experience. You can’t wait to apply your skills at a hyper-growth, ever-changing, innovative tech company.
HR Specialist Jobs / Workplace Specialist. Responsibilities:
- Partnering with senior managers/senior leadership in the Melbourne office for HR, recruitment and workplace-related responsibilities
- Ownership of local HR employee touchpoints, training and programs, rolling out globally built initiatives locally and assessing specific local needs
- Managing all local HR operations and administration related to the employee life cycle, including onboarding, visa requirements, responding to employee assistant requests and keeping our employee HR platform updated
- Assist with benefits and perks administration and implementation for Melbourne, being the POC for local vendors
- Own employee experience including ensuring a positive new hire orientation (including presenting information and welcome sessions) and assist with planning, supporting and executing global engagement initiatives and programmes locally
- Manage local personnel issues with the support of the Global HR team and be abridge of what is happening in the Melbourne office. This includes supporting managers during employee probations periods and assisting with development plans
- Manage food and beverage program including daily meals service and in-office snacks program. Includes but is not limited to, managing vendors, ordering, tracking deliveries, monitoring inventory, managing budgets, maintaining employee satisfaction
- Manage office vendor accounts and vendor relationships (office supplies, business cards, furniture, etc.). Source new vendors and establish accounts as needed
- Plan and execute onsite and offsite office events including happy hours, holiday parties, social events, and employee-focused events
- Be a key driver of the Dataminr office workplace culture, liaising closely with your global Workplace colleagues to foster a positive, vibrant Dataminr employee experience
- Partner with the UK and US recruitment teams to assist locally in all areas of recruitment including interviewing, keeping candidates updated in real-time and managing the in-person interview experience
- Supporting the global recruitment team during times of high volume recruitment including assessment days
- Drive local graduate recruitment success and raise the Dataminr brand profile by organising and presenting at relevant University events
HR Specialist Jobs / Workplace Specialist. Desired Skills And Experience
- 3 years + of HR generalist with recruitment experience (start-up/high growth experience is a plus)
- Superior organizational and time-management skills needed to effectively prioritise various responsibilities
- Ability to work with autonomy whilst successfully having high levels of communication to a manager based in the London office
- Experience working in/with a recruitment team with interviewing experience and an understanding of the 360 recruitment process
- Excellent attention to detail and willingness to wear multiple hats across HR,Recruitment and Workplace
- Outgoing and self-motivated with a strong desire to collaborate across teams
- Strategic thinker with sound and thoughtful judgement and the ability to manage multiple projects and changing priorities in a fast paced work environment with frequent urgent deadlines
- Professional, friendly and enthusiastic demeanor
HR Specialist Jobs / Workplace Specialist. Our Offering Of Competitive Benefits And Perks Include
- Competitive compensation package including equity
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental and vision
- Professional development fund
- Generous leave, including two additional volunteer days
- Wellness budget
- Daily lunch provided in the office and snack area with refrigerated beverages
- Bi-monthly company events
- We Work Yoga
HR Specialist Jobs / Workplace Specialist
Dataminr will collect and process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminr’s data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy and applicable data protection laws.
By providing your details and applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or our Legal department at email@example.com.
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status
LOOKING for a JOB? Follow me.
Let’s help each other out! “We cannot help everyone, but everyone can help someone.
Follow us on facebook: New-Opportunities
- Information Technology & Services
- Computer Software
- Human Resources
Are you looking for a job? We are creating a #Telegram group where you can find job opportunities in different countries.
Follow on our Telegram channel here: https://t.me/abroadjbs
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.