Queensland Corrective Services
Human Resource Officer – Brisbane, AU. Queensland Corrective Services is a top-tier forward thinking public safety agency, committed to the humane containment, supervision and rehabilitation of offenders. Every day, our work makes Queensland a safer place to live and work.
Human Resource Officer – Brisbane, AU
Operation Certitude is working on implementing the public operation of the Arthur Gorrie Correctional Centre. As a result, we are looking for a HR Officer to deliver a range of human resource management policy and advice services to staff and senior management within the correctional centre. You will play a role in the overall management of resourcing for the centre including the centre’s staffing and workforce reports.
The position operates closely with the Human Resources Manager who has overall responsibility for HR support within the centre.
Human Resource Officer. In This Role You Will
- Provide an internal HR consultancy service to line management and staff, ensuring day to day needs are met for a broad range of HR services and advice.
- Oversee the co-ordination of rostering processes within the centre and ensure that rostering practices comply with Agency standards and legislative provisions.
- Actively contribute to recruitment and retention activities to assist in ensuring that the staffing needs of the centre are met.
- Provide advice on staff resourcing models for the correctional centre to ensure effective use of allocated resourcing funds.
- Provide consultancy, support and advice to branch management and staff for the development and implementation of workforce support and strategy initiatives and programs.
- Oversee the general human resource administrative support – including the administration of the annual leave planner, leave entitlements for staff, and responsibility for answering complex payroll enquiries.
- Assist the roster officer to provide information to management regarding roster estimates and costs.
- Provide significant contribution to the development of HR plans aimed at delivering a broad range of services across the centre, ensuring alignment with relevant HR strategic objectives for QCS.
- Build HR capability in the centre through implementing and coordinating key HR initiatives and supporting management to deliver outcomes associated with these initiatives.
- Responsible for ensuring timely, accurate and uniform roster coding, maintaining data integrity of the rostering system across services, assisting in roster-based HR and financial analyses.
- Review and analyse HR reporting and provide recommendations to senior management.
- Contribute to the building of the professional capability of the HR team.
LOOKING for a JOB? Follow me.
Let’s help each other out! “We cannot help everyone, but everyone can help someone.
Follow us on facebook: New-Opportunities
Human Resource Officer.The Essential Requirements For This Role Are
- Effective interpersonal skills as evidenced by the ability to build successful relationships with internal and external stakeholders with a focus on high quality HR service delivery for client groups with QCS.
- Demonstrated written communication and research skills including the ability to prepare reports and submissions.
- Problem solving and analytical skills for investigating and resolving HR issues, and for improving HR practices and processes.
- Understanding and practical application of legislation, policies and procedures relating to HR activities.
- Knowledge of rostering principles and systems would be an advantage.
Applications to remain current for 12 months.
JAR No: QLD/343597/20
Closing Date: 8 May 2020
Occupational group HR & Industrial Relations
- Non-profit Organization Management
- Government Administration
- Hospital & Health Care
- Human Resources
Are you looking for a job? We are creating a #Telegram group where you can find job opportunities in different countries.
Follow on our Telegram channel here: https://t.me/abroadjbs
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.