Image Processing Engineer – Remote – US. Applies strong problem solving and analytic skills to video projects. This position typically works under general supervision and direction.
Expert in computer vision and image/video processing. Works closely with Cubic’s customers to understand their image processing and optical challenges and requirements, design innovative solutions, and collaborate with Cubic’s R&D team to implement them.
Provides subject matter expertise and integrate, adapt, and extend Cubic’s existing technology in both long-term and rapid fielding efforts. Applies strong problem solving and analytic skills to video projects. This position typically works under general supervision and direction.
Candidates must be able to work both independently and on diverse teams to complete company initiatives. Responsibilities may include algorithm design, prototype development, technical writing, and project management.
Applies strong problem solving and analytic skills to optical imaging and image processing projects and is able to communicate with customers and image processing experts. This position typically works under general supervision and direction.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluates optical imaging problems and designs/implements solutions.
- Configures and adapts existing image processing and machine learning algorithms to customer requirements, and works to search and develop new algorithms.
- Develops and writes software programs and algorithms in Matlab and C++
- Leads projects through evaluation, requirements gathering, prototype development, product development, and delivery and technical reporting.
- Keeps up to date with technical as well as industry developments, analytics software/tools, trends, and recognized best practices.
- Contributes to projects under the direction of project and product owners to adhere to funding, resourcing, schedule, and other constraint.
Image Processing Engineer. Minimum Job Requirements:
Four-year college degree in electrical engineering (image processing), physics (optical), computer science, or related field; plus four years work experience using image processing with electro-optical and other visible range sensors. Masters or Ph.D. preferred.
Experience with Matlab, Python and C++. Experience with GPU-accelerated optimization (eg: CUDA) preferred.
Requires fundamental knowledge and experience developing optical sensing solutions and image processing algorithms in video and imaging applications. Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills, attention to detail, critical thinking ability, and creativity.
Must be able to abstract from ambiguous and sometimes conflicting information to identify opportunities for improvement and the critical business drivers and factors that influence outcomes.
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills used to effectively communicate and present complex information in terms appropriate to the audience.
Candidates must meet eligibility requirements to obtain a U.S. Government clearance, or ideally already have a Top Secret clearance. Position will be in TeraLogics’ Ashburn, Virginia office or Remote. Expected 25% travel to customer sites.
- The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.
Image Processing Engineer. Seniority Level
- Information Technology & Services
- Defense & Space
Image Processing Engineer
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.