IT Service Desk Agent – Muscat, Oman. Service Desk Agent role is to provide service excellence in the areas of incident resolution, service requests and change management. Point of contract for associates from other business units.
IT Service Desk Agent
Service Desk Agent role is to provide service excellence in the areas of incident resolution, service requests and change management. Point of contract for associates from other business units.
Service Desk Agent is member of the Service desk based in Service management team and responsible for the receipt, logging, solving and management of end-users IT support requests including: First Call Resolution, channelling requests for help to appropriate functions for resolution, monitoring progress and keeping users appraised of progress compliant within the set service level agreements.
IT Service Desk Agent. Job Responsibilities:
- Serves as first line of support to meet customer needs in Arabic and English
- Respond to end user requests for IT assistance via the phone, email and web
- Ensure first level incident logging and service request logging in Service Management Tool
- Initiates incident cases or service requests
- Categorizes and prioritizes incident cases and service requests
- Attempts to resolve incidents immediately (Initial support on IT issues and bank applications)
- Manage service requests, software installations, new computer setups, upgrades, etc.
- Coordinates activities with banks IT teams and/or external support teams to complete the incident resolution or to fulfil a service request
- Identify and escalate incidents and problems requiring urgent attention
- Coordinates with Resolvers/Fulfillers, IT Service Providers and vendors
- Provide support for various technical areas like Desktop/Laptops, virtual desktops, Printers, MFP’s, Blackberry, Applications, Conference systems, Patch update, User account and access management etc.
IT Service Desk Agent
- Document every resolution for calls, incidents, requests, and task assignments in the ServiceDesk tool.
- Provide investigation, diagnosis, resolution and recovery for hardware/software problems. When unable to resolve, escalate to higher level in accordance with Servicedesk escalation processes.
- Maintain overall ownership of user’s issue & service ensuring that they receive resolution within a reasonable timeframe.
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, MAC and Microsoft Office (All Versions) and any other authorised desktop applications
- Develop trends by monitoring and analysing incoming calls, problems and support requests.
- Use diagnostic tools to troubleshoot problems associated with network connectivity, and workstation hardware/software
- Use tools and methodologies to load, copy and customize operating system configurations for deployment
- Familiarize end users on basic software, hardware and peripheral device operation.
- Take ownership and responsibility of queries, issues and problems assigned to the Desktop Support Administrator
- Works with vendor support contacts to resolve technical issues within the desktop environment
- Escalate issues and involve experts wherever required in order to resolve issues as quickly as possible
- Operates within, enforces, and suggests modifications and additions to desktop standards and guidelines
- Maintain adequate knowledge of operating systems and application software used to provide a high level of support. #IT Service Desk Agent – Muscat, Oman.
IT Service Desk Agent. Experience/Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate well with internal and external contacts.
- Minimum one year of experience in an IT service desk environment or IT Service Organization
- Average technical knowledge of PCs and desktop hardware.
- Good communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Strong listening skills
- Good analytical skills
- Able to operate with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of MS Windows and MS Office
- Basic technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems and standards.
- Ability to operate tools, components and peripheral accessories (Network, MFP and ID Card Printers).
- Ability to operate and support Blackberry and IPAD
- Basic knowledge on Software and Hardware Troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of remote control tools
- Knowledge of Service Management Tools (Service Now, BMC Remedy, Manage Engine Service Desk etc.)
- Planning and organising skills
- Good administration management skills
- Able to operate effectively in a team environment with both technical and non-technical team members
- Able to manage time effectively, set priorities appropriately, schedule calls
- Able to maintain professional demeanor under stress
- Able to operate within customer standard operating procedures
- Ability to adhere to defined processes and procedures and suggest improvements
- Ability to work in a team environment and take initiative
- Ability to effectively prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously #IT Service Desk Agent
IT Service Desk Agent. Qualifications & Education Requirements
- Graduate in Computer Science (Preferred)
- Graduate in Science with a Diploma or Certification in IT
- ITIL Foundation Certification is must
IT Service Desk Agent. Additional Requirements:
- This is for Omani Nationals only
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (Arabic is must)
- Must be bilingual Arabic and English
LOOKING for a JOB? Follow me.
Let’s help each other out! “We cannot help everyone, but everyone can help someone.
Follow us on facebook: New-Opportunities
- Information Technology & Services
- Information Technology
Are you looking for a job? We are creating a #Telegram group where you can find job opportunities in different countries.
Follow on our Telegram channel here: https://t.me/abroadjbs
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.