Java Developer Jobs – Dublin, Ireland. The Java Developer will be part of the Java Team which is responsible for the development, maintenance and support of applications for the LeasePlan Group
Contract: Permanent, full-time.
Location: Dublin 18, Central Park
Department: Applications and Maintenance Department
Reporting Line: Java and iSeries Team Manager
Location: Dublin, Ireland
LeasePlan Information Services is looking for a full stack Java Developer with excellent problem solving and solution design skills. The candidate should be capable of on-time delivery, have excellent communication abilities, and a positive get-it-done attitude.
The Java Developer will be part of the Java Team which is responsible for the development, maintenance and support of applications for the LeasePlan Group wherein the Java Developer will be responsible for implementing and updating Java based software solutions
Java Developer Jobs – Dublin, Ireland
· Disciplined approach to Java software development / coding
· Providing support for application incidents, resolving incidents by putting in place workarounds to enable the business to continue functioning and by implementing bug fixes if necessary
· Specifying changes and implementing these changes to resolve recurring problems within software applications
· Advising in the analysis of business requirements and the selection of technical solutions for small developments, executing these small developments and carrying out enhancements on software applications, to solve business problems and enhance functional performance to satisfy internal customers
· Working to agreed timelines to deliver high quality software solutions together with technical documentation
· Working closely with business and technical subject matter experts to understand functional requirements that can be distilled into technical specifications
· Participating in technical design/code reviews to help establish and promote best practice and guidelines
· Comply and adhere to all operational support processes
· Develop and maintain support documentation in accordance with company standards
· Specifying changes to resolve defects or recurring problems within applications. Carry out application improvements, to yield fault-free and robust Java applications
· Continuously adopt a pro-active approach to ensure application reliability and availability
· Selecting the best solution for the internal customer maintaining a balance between price and quality
· Developing test plans, documentation and testing, to continuously improve the application
· Assisting business users during the acceptance test of the software to ensure the application runs with optimal performance and customers are satisfied
· Document and deliver documentation on the lessons learned and problem analysis of incidents that happen
· Following Change Management and Quality Assurance processes to ensure full compliance with the LeasePlan Software Development Lifecycle process and standards
· Provision of work item estimates and weekly status reporting to line manager
· Managing administrative duties, such as Clarity Time Recording, LANDesk (Service Desk) ticket documentation effectively and in a proactive way
Java Developer Jobs. Knowledge, Skills & Experience
· Significant business knowledge and direct experience of developing enterprise Java applications
· 3 years minimum in the development of JAVA/J2EE applications
· Experience with J2EE frameworks such as Spring and Apache Struts 2
· Experience with deployment and administration of J2EE Application Servers and Frameworks, e.g. Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere App server, Spring Security etc
· Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented concepts, Design Patterns and UML
· Experience with Web Service Development (in particular SOAP)
· Working knowledge of build and automation tools such as Maven and Jenkins
· Experience with relational databases and JDBC / SQL
· Knowledge of secure coding practices and experience addressing application vulnerabilities
· In-depth understanding of Java web development including JSP/Servlets
· In-depth knowledge of development tools and frameworks such as Eclipse, Subversion/Git, Junit, Mockito, Jira, Crucible
· Familiar with branching strategies and agile software development frameworks
· Creative thinking and ability to work well within an agile team
· Flexible, with ability to work on own initiative to bring assigned work to fruition
· Strong analytical, problem solving, decision-making, and communication skills
· Have high standards, good attention to detail and a methodological work process
· Self-starter who works well under pressure and is a team player
Java Developer Jobs
Knowledge and Experience of the following would also be an advantage:
· iBatis Framework.
· JAXB (XML interfaces based on XSD)
· IBM WebSphere Application Server v8.5.1
Java Developer Jobs. Education and Qualifications
· Degree educated or experience led equivalent.
· ITIL foundation.
· A recognised technical qualification.
· At least 5 years relevant experience in Java/J2EE application development.
· Demonstrable understanding and several years’ experience of applications management requirements.
Java Developer Jobs. Competencies & Behaviours (Competency Level 1)
· Customer Focus; Always gives high priority to customer stated needs
· Results Driven; Demonstrates initiative and motivation and acts promptly to get things done
· Problem Solving; Identifies basic problems and delivers solutions
· Organisational Commitment: Creates a positive impression of LPIS when interacting with people inside and outside the company
· Communication; Presents self positively and communicates confidently
· Teamwork; Develops and maintains good working relationships with others in the immediate work environment
Java Developer Jobs
The Company reserves the right at all time to add or amend any aspect of the above described Job Description.
LeasePlan Information Services Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer
If you send us your CV in response to a vacancy you give your
consent to this Applicant privacy statement.
Java Developer Jobs. Seniority Level
- Computer Software
- Information Technology & Services
- Information Technology
Java Developer Jobs
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.