Junior Accountant – Toronto, Canada. We are looking for a Junior Accountant, reporting to the Manager of Corporate Accounting, to provide support to accounting and finance teams at Tricon Residential’s head office located in Toronto.
Who We Are:
Founded in 1988, Tricon Residential is a rental housing company committed to enriching lives of our residents and building communities.
Tricon Residential has $10.5 billion in assets under management and owns approximately 30,000 multi-family rental apartments and single-family rental homes in 21 markets across Canada and the United States, managed with an integrated technology-enabled operating platform.
In 2015, Tricon Residential became one of the first to enter the purpose-built-rental market in the Greater Toronto Area with scale and is focused on developing, owning, and operating the leading portfolio of Class A purpose-built rental in the Greater Toronto Area.
Tricon is one of the most active purpose-built-rental developers in Toronto with eight projects, totaling approximately 4,000 units, in lease-up or under development, ranging from luxury to affordable rental units, representing a robust pipeline of properties that will join the Toronto Skyline in the next three years.
Tricon is a long-term owner and our buildings are defined by convenient locations, design excellence, programmed lifestyle amenities, and resident community. We pride ourselves in thinking differently, building differently, and operating differently.
Junior Accountant – Toronto, Canada
Are you ambitious and thrive in a team environment? Do you have an eye for detail to ensure accuracy? If this sounds like you, we invite you to embrace the opportunity for a rewarding career and join our growing team of accounting professionals.
You will become part of an organization that has a strong reputation and organizational principles.
We are looking for a Junior Accountant, reporting to the Manager of Corporate Accounting, to provide support to accounting and finance teams at Tricon Residential’s head office located in Toronto.
Our office offers a Pre-Approved Program that meets the CPA Ontario Practical Experience Requirements.
Junior Accountant. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare recurring and non-recurring journal entries for transactions such as cash, debt, contributions, distributions, tax, management fees and expenses.
- Analyze and upload monthly financial information for Tricon subsidiaries.
- Prepare regular bank reconciliations.
- Review expense reports for validity and compliance with the company’s policies.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations and analyses for areas such as fixed assets, debt, interest expense and cash.
- Perform tie-out procedures for Tricon’s public financial statements and management’s discussion & analysis.
- Assist senior accountants with month-end and quarter-end tasks.
- Assist in the quarterly review/audit by providing sample support and answering questions.
- Prepare filings in accordance with government requirements.
- Assist with ad hoc tasks and special projects as necessary.
Junior Accountant. Requirements:
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and experience with other Microsoft Office products.
- Strong analytical ability and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and demonstrates good work ethic and a willingness to learn.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or commerce and preferably pursuing the CPA designation.
- Real Estate
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.