Junior IT System Administrator – Dublin, Ireland. The ideal candidate would ideally be a recent university/ college graduate, or a candidate with 1 – 2 years’ experience, who is eager to work in junior IT admin role, or IT service desk role.
Codex is the market leader in office supplies and stationery in Ireland. Established in 1979, Codex was founded to offer its customers great value and an unbeatable local service on their day-to-day office supplies.
This Irish company may have grown since then, but the core principals of the company remain the same. Codex has been recognised for 3 consecutive years as a Great Place To Work, finishing in the top 20 for small organisations in 2017, 2018 and 2019.
Junior IT System Administrator – Dublin, Ireland
Codex is growing and wishes to add to its team, with an opening in the IT Department. Reporting to the Head of IT, the role of IT System Administrator will be based in Codex’s Head Office in Glasnevin, Dublin 11.
There is no requirement to travel, but there will be occasional requirements to provide on-site or remote out of hours support to its warehouse and logistics teams.
Junior IT System Administrator:
We are currently looking to hire a Junior IT System Administrator in Codex. Working with and through outsourced partners, the successful candidate will be responsible for the support and administration of all core business systems infrastructure, IT infrastructure, as well as client software and hardware.
The role also includes the administration, including escalations and follow-ups of IT support tickets.
The ideal candidate would ideally be a recent university/ college graduate, or a candidate with 1 – 2 years’ experience, who is eager to work in junior IT admin role, or IT service desk role.
Junior IT System Administrator
Day-to-Day Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Administration of key business systems, including level-1 break-fix, user account management, patching and updating.
2. The completion of proactive preventative maintenance
3. Support of mobile devices including MDM, moves/ adds/ changes and hardware life-cycle management
4. Client hardware manager including provisioning of new computers including OS imaging, software installation and profile configuration, sourcing hardware and software and patch management
5. Work with outsourced partners on core IT infra including AD, O365, backups, hands and eyes for remote support, management of support tickets and emails, cabling patch management
Junior IT System Administrator. As the role progresses, additionally:
6. First point of contact on procurement integration solutions
7. Take ownership of small-scale IT infrastructure projects such as building GPOs, server upgrades and migrations, deploying and configuring IT and end user hardware and software.
Desired Skills and Competencies:
Junior IT System Administrator. Soft Skills:
o Strong problem-solving ability
o Self-motivated, proactive and the ability to work autonomously
o Excellent written and verbal communication
Junior IT System Administrator. IT Skills (experience or training):
o Office365 administration
o Windows Server 2012 & 2016
o Mobile Device Management, preferably Intune
o Antivirus software, preferably Sophos
o Database administration would be considered advantageous but not critical to an application
Junior IT System Administrator. Certification:
Applicants must hold a BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or similar discipline
Certifications in the below areas/ technologies would be considered advantageous:
o CompTIA A+
o Windows Server
o Microsoft SQL Server
o Azure and/or O365
o CompTIA network + or CCNA
Junior IT System Administrator. Seniority Level
- Business Supplies & Equipment
- Information Technology
How you match
Criteria provided by job poster
Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.