Lead Software Engineer – Warwick, RI $60k – 100k . About this job
Lead Software Engineer. Job description
SquadLocker’s Rhode Island headquarters is searching for a motivated and highly experienced Lead Software Engineer to join our growing Engineering team of 15 (plus a handful of office dogs) in translating business goals into concrete technical solutions.
In this role, the Lead Software Engineer will oversee and mentor a team of Software Engineers who work on public-facing features, including the design and implementation of the API’s that power our web apps. Additionally, the Lead Software Engineer will manage important components of our infrastructure, including database scaling and performance, analytics, operations and security.
As a technical leader on a scrum team, the Lead Software Engineer will collaborate with internal partners including other Tech Leads, Product Owners and Engineers to deliver great solutions for our growing application.
Our team of Software Engineers use Ruby on Rails and .NET Core to power SquadLocker’s APIs and runs our infrastructure on a mixture of Amazon Web Services, Azure and Heroku. Using these platforms, the Lead Software Engineer will be responsible for ensuring our Engineering team is continuously deploying code, building new features and maintaining backwards compatibility with older versions of our app.
Qualified candidates will have experience operating in an Agile workflow and will have a grasp of and support for Continuous Integration/Delivery method experience. A thorough exploration of edge-cases, potential problems and repercussions of their technical decisions are required. Candidates will need a broad understanding of many open-source web technologies and must be dedicated to learning more.
If you’re looking new job opportunities that offer relocation and high
salaries around the world check it out on our website Jobzey
Lead Software Engineer. Key Responsibilities
- Lead, delegate tasks and provide support to a team of Software Engineers responsible for all aspects of technical solutions
- Collaborate closely with internal teams to identify, solve and implement technical initiatives and strategies; drive innovation and integration of new methodologies into projects
- Analyze systems design, performance, security and capacity; replicate and resolve issues as necessary
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure the goals of the product are aligned with the delivered features
- Develop, promote and champion best practices using process and tools to implement scalable, secure, performant software
- Mentor junior Engineers; provide hands-on teaching and training
- Build and maintain backend services
- Work with the Engineering team to plan API and architecture updates to our Ruby on Rails and .NET codebases
- Write tests to ensure code fulfills all requirements
- Integrate SquadLocker with third parties in a way that engages users
- Keep current on emerging technologies and learn new skills quickly
- Additional duties as assigned
Lead Software Engineer. Qualifications
We are looking for ambitious individuals with a history of high achievement and the desire to work in a fast-paced environment with peers who challenge them to be better. These are the qualifications:
- 7 to 10 years of relevant software development experience
- 3+ years’ experience of successfully leading and scaling development teams of 6+
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, ideally in Computer Science or a related field
- Advanced knowledge of platforms and languages including C#, .NET Core, Ruby and React
- Ability to write clear, maintainable code
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills in addition to communication skills, both written and verbal
- Enthusiasm for leading and being part of a team, in addition to great people skills
- Passion for serving as a mentor and teacher who wants to share knowledge with others
- A desire to continuously learn new technologies and apply them to the right projects
LOOKING for a JOB? Follow me.
Let’s help each other out! “We cannot help everyone, but everyone can help someone.
More: New Opportunities
To apply for this job please visit external-squadlocker.icims.com.