Litigation Paralegal – Alpharetta, Georgia, United States . Provide paralegal support to company lawyers and outside counsel by assisting in the defense of lawsuits, responding to subpoenas, and identifying and tracking threatened claims.
Litigation Paralegal – Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
1. Support the litigation, subpoena and claims management process, including but not limited to, maintaining information about pending and threatened matters, issuing litigation holds, tracking deadlines, identifying and interviewing witnesses, fact-finding, preparing timelines, and preparing status reports for the business, finance and risk management departments.
2. Conduct legal research on assigned topics. Review suits filed against industry players to monitor trends. Make proactive recommendations to ensure issues are quickly resolved.
3. Draft objections and responses to subpoenas and third party requests for company information. Prepare documents for production as required.
4. Participate in fact-finding interviews and assist counsel with document collection efforts for company litigation, subpoenas and claims to ensure company meets its data preservation obligations. Initiate data preservation requests to the e-discovery team. Handle record retention inquiries.
6. Create reports as requested from group matter management system.
7. Make recommendations to ensure efficient and effective handling of litigation, subpoena and claims consistent with Company’s internal policies and procedures and the rules of civil procedure.
8. Communicate frequently with clients and customers at all levels inside and outside legal counsel, as directed.
9. Attend internal meetings to identify and address issues for Legal Administration, communicate them to appropriate Legal personnel, and communicate Legal Administration decisions to appropriate business personnel, as directed.
10. Provide specified legal support to business units as requested.
11. All other duties as assigned.
Litigation Paralegal . Qualifications
1. Bachelor’s Degree
2. Minimum of 0-4 years Law Firm or Corporate Paralegal litigation experience.
3. Strong project and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks.
Litigation Paralegal . Seniority Level
- Information Technology & Services
- Law Practice
- Legal Services
- General Business
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.