Manager Testing and Quality – Muscat, Oman. We are looking for individuals with an entrepreneurial mind-set who get excited by challenges and constant change, and truly want to have a positive impact on the lives of our customers and the people of Oman.
Oman Future Telecommunication (OFT) will be Oman’s 3rd Network Operator, delivered through a Branded Partnership with Vodafone.
In line with Vodafone’s Global Brand Purpose, ‘We Connect for a Better Future’, the company is committed to be dynamic, different and ‘digital first’ in mind-set, in order to bring the best global practices & expertise to Oman.
This partnership will provide all people in Oman, innovative Digital Services experiences, and truly different products. We are looking for energetic self-starters to work in this positive collaborative start-up environment, where key talents will create Oman’s happiest workplace.
We are looking for individuals with an entrepreneurial mind-set who get excited by challenges and constant change, and truly want to have a positive impact on the lives of our customers and the people of Oman.
OFT is a proudly 100% Omani owned company that supports the Government of Oman’s 2040 Vision and the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
This is a key role for assuring the Vodafone Technology and vendor teams outputs for the new company. The role has overall accountability to provide leadership and direction for continuous quality improvement (QI) initiatives to improve efficiency, processes and demonstrate improved quality.
All the vendors quality strategies and processes will converge to this role. This role is not just limited to excellence in testing but has as an overall accountability on end to end Quality assurance & Quality control of the project delivery lifecycle.
Manager Testing and Quality – Muscat, Oman
This is a vital role to the success of the new company by being the IT quality advocate across the business.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Accountable for heading the Technology wide Quality assurance & control function.
- Responsible for the implementation of the Quality standards, Quality gating process & Quality audits across Technology team as per industry standards.
- Manager Testing and Quality . Accountable for the overall Testing function of Vodafone Oman (Functional & Non-Functional, Manual & Automated, Internal & External).
- Responsible for the implementation of the Test standards & policies across Technology team.
- Responsible for setting up Testing process as per TMMi standards.
- Manager Testing and Quality . Responsible for leading the SI through the end to end project delivery lifecycle adhering to Quality standards.
- Responsible for ensuring all vendors & internal teams passing through each quality gate and managing the handover to operations & business.
- Key stakeholder in Change management board – review, analyse & conduct impact assessments on new business demands as well as on-going business as usual changes. Key sign-off authority for approving IT & Business-related changes from QA perspective.
Manager Testing and Quality. Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Manager Testing and Quality . Direct experience in a Telecoms environment in a similar role.
- Have experience working in both Client & Vendor environments as well as in Technology and business teams.
- Experience working in current CI/CD Agile environment in Vodafone Oman will be an added advantage.
- Expert in: Quality Gating process, Quality standards as per QMS by CQI IRCA, Test Standards & policies as per ISTQB, Functional & Non-Functional testing, Manual & Automated testing, Technology & Business testing, Testing tools, Quality reporting, Vendor management, Software delivery lifecycle, Project Management Principles.
- Transferable knowledge from quad play telco environments and other industries with high volume/leading edge technologies.
- Direct experience of mobile and wireline technologies, from design to implementation and passing into operations.
- Strong vendor management, being commercially aware of decisions and solutions impacting contracts and including commercially aware to a contracting level. Have completed full RFP process to appoint long term testing/QA partners.
- Experienced in setting up long term roadmap, optimized cost by setting up factory model.
- Implemented test automation and process improvements across all departments (Technology IS, Networks, Service Management, IT Operations, IT Security and Business teams).
- Start-up experience required.
- International experience across different cultures, ideally experience of having lived and worked in Oman (or in the Gulf) and/or understanding of the Arab culture.
Manager Testing and Quality. Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Information Technology.
- Minimum 8-10 years work experience in similar role.
- Advanced Level Test Manager, International Software Testing Qualification Board (ISTQB).
- Project Management Professional (PMP), PMI.
- CQI IRCA Certified ISO 9001:2015 QMS Lead Auditor.
- Leadership & Management.
- Six Sigma Quality experience.
Manager Testing and Quality. Key performance indicators:
- Quality of vendor delivery.
- Keeping the vendors on track.
- Quality Gating process signed off.
- Testing process signed off.
- Defect density rate.
- Vendor management.
- Information Technology
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.