Mechanical Project Engineer – Remote – Atlanta, United States. This position will lead and support multiple projects utilizing knowledge and experience of the material handling industry equipment and application.
POSITION SUMMARY: The primary focus of this position will be to provide leadership and to be the single point of contact through all stages of a project to deliver engineering consistency. #Mechanical Project Engineer
This position will lead and support multiple projects utilizing knowledge and experience of the material handling industry equipment and application.
This position will also be required to support the day-to-day activities of the engineering department and project engineering group and will lead multiple smaller projects or single large projects including retro fits and new equipment facility projects.
Mechanical Project Engineer – Remote – Atlanta, United States
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Designing converyor systems with the ability to design picking and racking systems.
- Demonstrating strong leadership qualities & proactively communicatingActing as the conduit in engineering to ensure on-time & under budget implementation
- Leading all required portions of a project through the requirements engineering & final engineering (implementation) processes including engineering budget, schedule-tracking, weekly status reports & maintaining Engineering Project Workbook
- Taking ownership of all responsibilities of a project to ensure success
- Exploring & supporting trade-offs of alternative concepts & leading/supporting alternative analysis justification to drive the best design during all phases of project while maintaining project business case
Mechanical Project Engineer. Requirements Engineering & Procurement Phase:
- Supporting internal kick off & efforts to transition from Ops Design
- Leading internal design reviews, QC process, engineering weekly meeting, & publishing weekly engineering status reports
- During procurement, supporting Client meetings, identifying potential suppliers, setting up tier levels, supporting request for proposal (RFP) generation, scorecard development, & reviewing & supporting supplier presentations & site visits
- Estimating coordination, confirming & supporting capital budgets, & attending all price reviews
- Tracking engineering schedule, budgets, & resource planning (report to engineering directors & managers)
- Calculation of conveyor point loads along with header steel layout & design
- Working to ensure original business case is being satisfied
- Leading ITS project introduction meeting/internal kick-off (w/pre-read document)
Mechanical Project Engineer. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering with 5 years of relevant experience, or Associate’s degree in engineering with 10 years of relevant experience
- Thorough understanding and knowledge regarding design standards for mezzanines, platforms, guarding, catwalks, stairs, and crossovers.
- Experience designing racking systems (structural, formed, bolted) including Carton, Pallet, Double Deep, Selective, Push Back, Drive-Thru, and Drive-In.
- Knowledge regarding the design and concepting of Pick Modules, Bin Shelving, and Pallet Flow (single lane and full width rollers).
- Exposure with Automated Storage and Retrieval Systems (AS/RS), Mini Load, Pallet Shuttles, or Multi-shuttles.
- Prior experience and the applications of Automatic Palletizers/Depalletizing, and modular workstations.
- Expertise in the use and application of AGV’s and LGV’s, Smart Carts, robotic systems, and Automated Warehouses.
- Comprehensive understanding with applicable Storage and Structures codes with regional permitting and product specific regulations.
- Strong knowlege of storage and structure within material handling
- Proficiency in the use of AutoCAD with at least 5 years’ practical experience
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products, particularly Word and Excel
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to coach, lead, and manage others including remote resources in multiple time zones through the use of conference calls, webcasts, webinars, video conferencing, or other forms of digital communication
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, time management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (possess active passport)
- Remote work from home with 30% travel
Mechanical Project Engineer
Logistics & Supply Chain Design Mechanical Or Industrial Engineering
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.