Media & Capital Partners
Media Relations Specialist – Sydney, Australia. We have a rewarding full-time role in our Sydney office with an immediate start for an experienced media professional to provide Strategic Media Relations to our client base of ASX listed, emerging resources and technology companies. The role may also increasingly include Investor Relations services.
We have a rewarding full-time role in our Sydney office with an immediate start for an experienced media professional to provide Strategic Media Relations to our client base of ASX listed, emerging resources and technology companies. The role may also increasingly include Investor Relations services.
Media Relations Specialist – Sydney, Australia
About The Firm
- Established and growing business with over 20 employees and offices in Sydney CBD and West Perth supporting emerging ASX listed companies with Investor Relations, Media Relations and Capital Markets expertise
- Our client base consists of a large and growing number of corporates in the technology, biotech and resources sector looking to stand out and be heard by retail and institutional investors
- The business is backed by a team of highly experienced media and investor relations professionals who have created a number of successful companies.
Media Relations Specialist . About The Role
To help promote our resources sector clients with both proactive and reactive media opportunities via Independent media channels as well as help create proprietary content for in-house media and social media platforms. This will require liaising directly with top Executives and Board members of a portfolio of 5-7 clients and their corporate advisors on a daily basis as well as:
- Identifying a Company’s key selling points and advising on overall media strategy accordingly
- Devising and pitching story angles based on client ASX announcements to appropriate media outlets
- Assist in preparing media strategy around specific transactions such as IPOs, takeovers and capital raisings
- Writing content pieces for in-house platforms on tight deadlines
- Assist in managing clients’ social media channels
- Checking major papers, Bloomberg and industry press daily for news jack opportunities / industry thematic ideas
- Confidently reporting to and liaising with the firm’s Senior Management
Media Relations Specialist . About you
You must have a strong and enthusiastic ability to think strategically about media opportunities, ways of presenting content, publication platforms and social media marketing opportunities.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in media, with journalism experience preferred
- A network of existing news media contacts
- A strong understanding of the ASX, emerging companies and the resources sector
- An interest in creating content and familiarity with social media platforms
- Genuine inquisitiveness, creativity, the ability to find an angle and most importantly pitch an appropriate story to independent media
- A willingness and awareness of building networks to facilitate business development
- Excellent writing ability, vocabulary and attention to detail. This is a must
- Experience with Powerpoint
- Excel experience advantageous
Media Relations Specialist . Benefits
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- A friendly, social and collegiate work environment in a Sydney CBD
- A meritocracy that rewards ability and hard work
In your application please directly address how you fit the role
Media Relations Specialist. Seniority Level
- Capital Markets
- Mining & Metals
- Public Relations & Communications
- Public Relations
To apply for this job please visit jobzey.com.