United for Global Mental Health
Finance & Operations Assistant – United Kingdom. £25K. We want to see a world where everyone, everywhere, has someone to turn to in support of their mental health.
Role: Finance & Operations Assistant
Term: Fixed Term – 1 Year Full time
Operations Assistant Manager. The Initiative:
We want to see a world where everyone, everywhere, has someone to turn to in support of their mental health. However, this is not currently the case. Worldwide mental health conditions are increasing, and depression alone is on track to be the leading disease burden by 2030.
The world is not yet equipped to handle this growing crisis, especially in low and middle-income countries where the majority of conditions occur.
United for Global Mental Health was established in 2018 as an organisation focused on increasing global advocacy, campaigning and financing for global mental health to address this growing global need and increase the political and financial commitment so that everyone, everywhere has someone to turn to when their mental health needs support.
Together with over 80 people from 14 countries, we have launched the first global mental health campaign that is led by passionate campaigners and people with lived-experience of mental health from all over the world: from Nigeria to the US, from Indonesia to Australia and from Sierra Leone to Tonga. Supported by high-profile partners and ambassadors, our campaign unites efforts to bring greater action on mental health.
Operations Assistant Manager. About You:
You are a highly organised, proactive, confident, and diligent administrator with operations and accounting experience, ready to take on a challenging but exciting role in a fast-paced environment.
Reporting to the Finance & Operations Manager, you’ll deliver accounting and business administration support to the organization and facilitate the smooth running of the office.
Operations Assistant Manager. Responsibilities
- Ensure all staff follow internal processes for ordering the supply of goods and services
- Maintenance of the aged payables ensuring all invoices are paid on time and refunds for credit notes are received
- Code and enter supplier invoices into Xero
- Ensure all supplier invoices have a corresponding approved contract & PO, submit invoices for approval using ApprovalMax, making sure invoices agree to contract terms
- Act as first point of contact for all suppliers, responding promptly to queries
- Follow up on outstanding donor invoices to ensure payment is received
- Weekly reconciliation of all bank accounts (GBP & USD) and prepaid expense accounts, making sure all payments have a corresponding approved invoice
- Export financial data from Xero to update monthly actuals v budget for review by the Finance & Operations Manager
- Maintain a list of all supplier contracts, cancellation notice periods, end dates and log in details
- Ensure we are getting the best value for money from current suppliers
Operations Assistant Manager. Office Administration
- Facilitate the smooth running of the office ensuring sufficient office & kitchen supplies
- Liaise with Somerset House ensuring the Charity’s comms & workspace needs are sufficiently met
- Organise internal and external meetings, as needed
- Manage internal meeting room calendars
- Manage all internal communication channels such as WhatsApp Groups, Slack, & Zoom
- Take and file minutes from internal meetings & board meetings
- Computer / phone set-up, updates, IT troubleshooting, installation of software and maintenance of the asset register
- Act as designated first aider & fire marshal, ensure the office is H&S compliant, conduct risk assessments and attend relevant H&S/Fire Marshall training, make sure staff are aware of fire exits and emergency procedures
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of a robust filing system & two-factor authentication
- Staff inductions
- Updating the contract register with new contracts, start/end dates and cancellation periods
- Maintenance of the SOP audit register and updating all process manuals for the Operations department
- Coordinate all travel and accommodation arrangements for team members, consultants & campaign partners ahead of global events, providing full travel itineraries including flights and transport links
- Assist the Finance & Operations Manager with VISA applications by drafting VISA & support letters
If you’re looking new job opportunities that offer relocation and high
salaries around the world check it out on our website Jobzey.com
Major Event Support
- Coordinate event briefs for the team, country campaigners, and VIPs
- Plan IT services and dial-in facilities
- Manage invitations and RSVPs
- Coordinate and manage the logistics for the team
- Organise team members’ calendars around the event
- Organise catering
- Help to organise & run webinar software
Operations Assistant Manager. Requirements:
- An understanding of, and passion for improving, global mental health
- 2+ years proven work experience in business administration/operations
- 2+ years proven work experience as a Finance or Accounts assistant coding and entering POs and invoices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive, with strong administrative and organisational skills
- Comfortable working at a fast pace and flexible as priorities shift
- High degree of attention to detail
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office (Excel in particular), Google (Mail, Calendar, Docs, Sheets), Mac OS (Mail, iCal), and Xero accounting & expenses software.
- Third sector experience
- Experience of working in a small, entrepreneurial team.
No agencies or consultants requested.
- Civic & Social Organization
Health, Wellness & Fitness
- Administrative, Finance , General Business
LOOKING for a JOB? Follow me.
Let’s help each other out! “We cannot help everyone, but everyone can help someone.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.