Operations Engineer – Toronto, Canada. The Toronto office employs a staff of widely-talented and culturally diverse employees, led by an experienced and imaginative management team.
Smilegate West Inc. is the North and South American publisher of its parent company Smilegate, headquartered in Korea. The Company specializes in Free-to-Play online games including CrossFire, Lost Saga, etc.
Operations Engineer – Toronto, Canada
Founded in 2006 with the goal of becoming a leading publisher and digital media distributor of online video games, the Company is built on the principle that online, community-based video games offer unique and compelling gaming experiences with untapped mass market potential and wide social appeal.
The Toronto office employs a staff of widely-talented and culturally diverse employees, led by an experienced and imaginative management team.
In publishing Cross Fire, one of the most played online FPS games worldwide, with over 6 million concurrent users and 500 million registered players, currently available in 80 countries including China, Vietnam, North & South America, and Europe, Smilegate West Inc. continues to deliver the highest quality free-to-play game experience through its proprietary gaming portals, Z8Games.
For more information about the company and its current product offerings, please visit www.smilegatewest.com.
Operations Engineer. Responsibilities:
- Conduct regular maintenances to configure changes or updates to game(s) infrastructure
- Conduct maintenances in emergency events requiring immediate intervention
- Implement patches to QA or Live servers
- Tending to all game(s) infrastructure-related tasks as required
- Managing updates to servers, including hard drive space, MEM, CPU, etc.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the game(s) servers software and hardware
- Coordinating deployment of in-game events with Live Production teams
- Monitoring QA/Live games to detect and resolve potential issues in real-time
- Following up on events for reporting purposes
- Troubleshoots application and server level problems for internal games systems
- Maintains documentation of games systems configurations and procedures
- 24 x 7 on-call support and maintenance activities
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our monitoring/logging/reporting tools
Operations Engineer. Requirements:
- 2+ years of relevant experience in Windows/Linux/Unix Systems administration, including design and implementation
- SQL Server experience is necessary
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Windows 2008, 2012, 2016 experience, Linux administration an asset
- Scripting knowledge is an asset
- Excellent communication skills for problem-solving with the developers, team members and other department involved
- Proven working experience in web programming and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Hands-on experience with network diagnostics, network analytics tools
- Computer Games
- Information Technology
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.