Product Designer Jobs – Toronto, Canada. Please include a link to your portfolio along with your resumé. Only candidates with a portfolio will be considered for this role.
Mitre Media is a high-growth and profitable technology company focused on building modern investment tools for everyone. We are currently looking for a Product Designer who can help us with our goal of empowering people to take charge of their own investments.
The Product Designer will join our product design team and be a driving force behind making our products more useful and delightful to our rapidly growing user base.
Product Designer Jobs – Toronto, Canada
Your work will reach millions of engaged users across premium financial brands including: Dividend.com, MutualFunds.com and our newly launched portfolio management software called Propelor.
Success in this role requires a strong eye for aesthetics, an entrepreneurial spirit, an understanding of how design drives business value and a strong desire to work in the financial media industry. This is an exciting time to join the Mitre team.
Product Designer Jobs. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive design process and decisions in coordination with the rest of our team of product designers, developers, and financial content analysts
- Work with our product team to identify opportunities where design improvement can create business value
- Combine both quantitative (metrics) and qualitative (user feedback) data to evolve designs that meet Mitre’s business objectives
- Use wireframes, storyboards, prototypes, and other methods to communicate your design concepts with the team
- Ensure a seamless user experience across multiple channels (web, mobile, email)
- Conduct user research, interviews, and develop user personas
Product Designer Jobs. ABOUT YOU
- BA/BS degree or equivalent with 3 years of work experience
- You thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- You embrace change – you aren’t afraid to throw out the old and try something new
- Passionate about shipping high-quality experiences, and fast
- Works well autonomously, with little direction, and is a strong collaborator
- Enjoys ownership of the full product development process, from discovery to production
- Excellent communicator – able to clearly articulate a design’s strengths & weaknesses
- Self-starter – you don’t sit around waiting for the next task, you find it
- Excellent listener with a knack for asking good questions
- You have expertise in all areas of UX, UI, interaction design, and information architecture
- Deep understanding of web/mobile behaviors and trends
- Driven by rapid iteration and releasing continuous improvements
- Able to rationalize and defend design choices, but willing to adapt based on real-world usage
- Some knowledge of consumer & behavioral psychology (cognition, motivation, etc)
- Passionate about visual design & aesthetics (typography, color, white space, alignment, etc)
- Impeccable eye for detail and able to produce pixel perfect mocks
- Expertise with design software (Sketch, Invision, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.)
- Experience using, building, design systems and UI component libraries
- Bonus: has finance experience or has experience working in a finance product
Product Designer Jobs. Why you should join the Mitre Team…
- Competitive salaries, upward mobility and an opportunity to grow professionally with our company
- A newly architected full-floor office space at King and Yonge St.
- Health, dental, vision
- We are a focused, hungry team of professionals who share the same vision and desire for success
- Collaborative work environment built on respect, openness and intellectual honesty
Product Designer Jobs. Seniority Level
- Online Media
- Financial Services
- Information Technology
Featured benefits Inferred from the description for this job
For Product Designer in Toronto, Ontario, Canada at Mitre Media
- Medical insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
Product Designer – Toronto, Canada
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.