Project Engineer Canada /Coordinator – Vancouver. Great opportunity to work in a small growing team of professionals, positioned to leverage a market niche
Project Engineer Canada /Coordinator – Vancouver.
- Opportunity to see projects through various stages from infancy to design, execution, and satisfaction to see commissioning and operation of your work
- Enjoy a professional yet social and fun work environment, offering flexibility on growth path and development-based skills, and talents
Project Engineer Canada /Coordinator – Vancouver
Who we are:
Enginuity Consulting Ltd. is a small multi-disciplinary Vancouver based consulting company providing engineering, project management and consulting services within several industry sectors ranging from heavy industrial (mining) to light manufacturing (food, pharmaceutical, clean tech. etc.) facilities.
Typical projects go through the full project cycle spectrum, starting with supply of industrial engineering design with and planning and concept phase, followed by detail multi-disciplinary engineering, procurement assistance, and project and construction management, with a cohesive, multi-disciplinary approach.
The company prides itself in being diverse and capable of tackling new challenges. As part of this recruitment initiative, the firm aims to recruit and grow individuals that fit our vision and mission of becoming an all-inclusive service consultancy for facilities within western Canada.
The firm offers competitive benefits and aims to promote a healthy and rewarding work environment, with growth and profit-sharing opportunities. For more information, visit our website at www.enginuity-consulting.ca.
Project Engineer Canada. Who you are:
You are a Project Engineering and Management Professional with experience in project planning and delivery of engineering design projects of varying sizes. You are self-motivated and detail-oriented with previous industrial experience in facilities engineering with exposure to both design, management, and co-ordination.
The role involves leading multi-disciplinary projects through planning, tracking, and co-ordinating of resources, scope and, budgets, to successfully deliver to project stakeholders. As the multi-disciplinary lead in a project, you will work with starting concepts and requirements, and plan to realize them through development of engineering and design tasks and activities, carried out by engineering leads and designers of each respective discipline, ensuring cohesive project delivery.
In conjunction with project manager, you will interface with clients to consult the client on their project objectives and utilize resources within company realize concepts and requirements through to execution. You will ensure technical and scope accuracy is accomplished and that project objectives are met, as a key and integral part of this position.
The individual with the right fit for the role will share our core values, vision, and purpose with intent of becoming a key member in the firm in the future. Starting salary range between 70-85k annually, depending on relevancy of experience and immediate potential contribution.
Project Engineer Canada. Responsibilities:
- Reviews and develops project objectives with respect to regulatory requirements
- Develops and defines system performance and facility requirements to fulfill concept, client criteria, code, and regulatory requirements
- Oversees project workflow and game plan, takes action to address problems, bottleneck, budget and cost overruns.
- Manage client’s and expectations with clear understanding of client’s technical, financial, and performance objectives
- Develops engineering scopes of work documents to direct discipline engineers and designers to carry out project tasks
- Plans and co-ordinates project tasks, resources, and activities
- Substantiates designs and concepts through delivery and record of calculations
- Delegates and controls tasks and scope to engineers, designers, and sub-consultants
- Prepares project documents – Project Plans, Scope documents, RFI’s, Extra-scope forms, CWP’s, and meeting minutes to project stakeholders
- Effectively communicates with project manager(s), team members, clients, and other stakeholders on all stages of a project to identify and address problems and bottlenecks
- Controls quality and checks of deliverables and submittals including self-checks
- Site visits to facilities and project sites, required – Completes field designs and assistance during construction
- Continuously steering the project plan based on on-going requirements and finding, while making corrections as needed
Project Engineer Canada. Your knowledge and skills:
- Proficiency with applicable code such as BCBC, ASHRAE, ASME, OHS, and other relevant code and standards
- Knowledge and understanding of building facilities and safety systems
- Previous project engineering and/or management experience
- Experience in attaining various permits from authorities having jurisdiction
- Ability to function in multi-disciplinary projects involving various disciplines
- Ability to coordinate multidisciplinary teams and provide supervision
- Strong understanding of scope, time, risk, and quality management
- Strong leadership capabilities with the ability to supervise a group
- Strong understanding and application of engineering codes, standards, and best practices
- Able to work and contribute individually and as part of a team, being a self-starter
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Service oriented, client, and team focused
- Impeccable attention detail and organization skills
- Capable of critical thinking, long term system planning, design and analysis to ensure project success
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Project Engineer Canada. Your Qualifications:
- Degree in mechanical, industrial, or facilities engineering
- Must have a minimum 4 years of experience in consulting, engineering design, or EPCM
- Competence and willingness to undertake professional responsibility on engineering designs
- Carry a Class 5 drivers license and own a vehicle
- Must have a passion for learning and understanding new industries and projects
Project Engineer Canada. Benefits and Compensation:
- Base Salary plus commission based and performance bonuses
- 2 weeks starting paid vacation with 3 paid sick days
- Medical and Dental plan (100% coverage after the first year with the company)
- RRSP contributions program
- Professional Development Budget per annum
- Office snacks!
- Complimentary staff events
Project Engineer Canada /Coordinator – Vancouver. Please apply with cover letter and resume. Please apply with cover letter and resume. Thank you to all those who apply, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Project Engineer Canada. Seniority Level
- Mechanical Or Industrial Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Information Technology
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.